The Cricket Thread

bewlay

24 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

Better performance from Scotland today, but Davey was a big miss. Evans and Wheal in particular leaked far too many runs, and Leask turning his hand over isn’t really a great option against the better sides. Just don’t get it with Ali Evans - he’s never international standard. Bowls far too short and far too many wides. You’ve no chance in T20 when one of your bowlers is bowling 8 balls an over. Also Calum MacLeod is really starting to annoy me with all his fancy flicks and reverse sweeps. Just hit the bloody ball properly.

I'd be dropping MacLeod for the next game and bringing Budge in. MacLeod is averaging 1.00 against deliveries in the stumps in this tournament, which is nothing short of embarrassing, tbh. Evans also has to drop out, as you say. If Davey isn't fit for the next game then I'd play Hamza instead of him.

1 minute ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I'd be dropping MacLeod for the next game and bringing Budge in. MacLeod is averaging 1.00 against deliveries in the stumps in this tournament, which is nothing short of embarrassing, tbh. Evans also has to drop out, as you say. If Davey isn't fit for the next game then I'd play Hamza instead of him.

Not sure Budge is good enough but he deserves a shot at MacLeod's expense.

51 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Ultimately, money talks, this will be what eventually change things at Yorkshire.

Player who made the remarks now being named on t'internet. Dam breaking, etc.

Much better Scotland performance today after two complete shitshows. Sadly, the two hardest teams are yet to come.....

Guest Bob Mahelp

I think that Yorkshire have quite a long history of being prejudiced against 'non-Yorkshiremen' (i.e. they only see a Yorkshireman as a white anglo-Saxon called Higginbotham or something) do they not ?

Geoffrey Boycott. Brian Close. Fred Trueman. All bigots to the core. 

No surprise that this has reared its head.

ECB have suspended Yorkshire's right to hold international and major fixtures, they've also suspended Gary Ballance from selection availablity for England (although that was unlikely, anyway).

In Scotland news, Josh Davey has been ruled out of the last 2 games, which is a huge blow. Michael Jones has been brought in to the 15 as his replacement, with Chris Sole also unavailable to come in because of injury.