The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Guest Bob Mahelp

A PNG/NL thrashing on the cards here. 

I realise that Afghanistan are a fairly decent side who could well surprise one of the 'big' names, but my God, some of that line and length bowling was Sunday league stuff that deservedly got papped out of the park. 

4 more games to go, but I desperately hope this isn't just going be another one in a long line of Scottish international sides....in whatever sport...where the team is just happy to be there and can't even scratch the surface of the tournament. 

1 hour ago, betting competition said:

Well 60 all out lowest score Scotland have made - horrible stuff Rashid Khan and Mujeeb Ur Rahman they tore us apart. Didn't see Scotland bowling :(

I’d reccomend turning it off after the first over if you do plan on watching that part.

Well, that was an absolute thumping. I think Afghanistan are a legit semi final contender, so it's important to not be too downbeat. We need to learn from the mistakes we made during our bowling, and bounce back to pick up a win against Namibia on Wednesday.
Those two spinners will be hard work for much more experienced batting line ups than Scotland. Because of the target there wasn't any point where a new batsman could try and bed himself in for an over or two.

Doubt we'll see any of our spinners I the first couple of overs again. Watt was excellent tbf.

34 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Harsh. The third over wasn't bad either. Then he can wrap it 

Mark Watt's overs were good, as well.

A statistical landmark in that game, Watt became the first player to have identical bowling figures in 3 consecutive games (4 overs, no maidens, 1-23).