The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Great bowling again, unfortunate the skippers fields like  a first year at high school.

At least he got himself off the field.

Great chance, keep the heed, and make this not a heart attack game, we all know that's just what going to happen.

A ball bowled where you can't be out caught.

You can still be run out but you can try and belt it as hard or as high as you want without the normal consequences.
It means the bowler can't get you out next delivery, so you can't be bowled, caught, LBW or stumped out. You can still be run out, though.
A much better definition. I somehow forgot about bowled, stumped and lbw.

Powerplay now?
Are there Mulligans as well?
It's something to do with how many fielders you can have outside the circle (i.e. in close to the wickets).

It encourages the batters to hit boundaries as there are fewer fielders out there to save runs. But it can lead to more wickets as well as more fielders are in catching positions.

Tl:dr powerplays keep it more exciting.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

It's something to do with how many fielders you can have outside the circle (i.e. in close to the wickets).

It encourages the batters to hit boundaries as there are fewer fielders out there to save runs. But it can lead to more wickets as well as more fielders are in catching positions.

Tl:dr powerplays keep it more exciting.

Max of two fielders outside the 30 yard circle for the first 6 overs.

How? We have a worse NRR than them going into the game, how could we lose and overtake them?

I'm confused about this too, but I think I've read something before about the calculation being done collectively rather than game by game and therefore the tallies can be affected by the different denominators.