The Cricket Thread

bewlay

12 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

This is still a long, long way away from being unEnglandable.

Batting collapse tomorrow, England all out sub-250. India bat for two days and post a 500'ish score, I don't fancy England at all to knock off the difference batting last.

Oh dear! 239 for 2 atm.

😂😂😂

Edited by Bishop Briggs

12 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

This is still a long, long way away from being unEnglandable.

Batting collapse tomorrow, England all out sub-250. India bat for two days and post a 500'ish score, I don't fancy England at all to knock off the difference batting last.

Yeah, I'm afraid this game was done as soon as India  were bowled out for 78. You simply don't come back from that. Not even against England. India would need  to bat out 2 and a half  days for a draw. That would be like a win but it would happen 1 out of 20 times. So, 1-1, onto The Oval. Regroup in between. England have done well here. Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up. Anyway, it would be boring if India won all the time.

1 minute ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Yeah, I'm afraid this game was done as soon as India  were bowled out for 78. You simply don't come back from that. Not even against England. India would need  to bat out 2 and a half  days for a draw. That would be like a win but it would happen 1 out of 20 times. So, 1-1, onto The Oval. Regroup in between. England have done well here. Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up. Anyway, it would be boring if India won all the time.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/icc-world-test-championship-2019-2021-1195334/england-vs-australia-3rd-test-1152848/full-scorecard

Ben Stokes says no.

Anyway, my constant catastrophising about England is entirely tongue-in-cheek, and nothing more that a passing comment on how regular and predictable England collapses and shambolic performances have become.

16 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

This is England, there's no reason that could not very rapidly become 260 all out :lol:

279 for 2 now. 😁

9 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

All of England's top 4 past 50 now. Fantastic to see.

Don't tell Boo (Hoo?) Khaki. He'll be very upset. 😎

Tbf India's bowling has been poor. The ball should swing in these conditions.

11 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

279 for 2 now. 😁

Don't tell Boo (Hoo?) Khaki. He'll be very upset. 😎

Tbf India's bowling has been poor. The ball should swing in these conditions.

I'm an England fan/supporter. Like I said, my digs are just sardonic humour. I hope England pump India in every single remaining session of the series.

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I'm an England fan/supporter. Like I said, my digs are just sardonic humour. I hope England pump India in every single remaining session of the series.

I didn't suggest otherwise and was just teasing you. 

India have been a massive disappointment so far. Their batting was abysmal and the bowling is not much better. 

4 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I didn't suggest otherwise and was just teasing you. 

India have been a massive disappointment so far. Their batting was abysmal and the bowling is not much better. 

And Kohli is just dialling it in.  I like him, even though he’s a bit of a dick, but his head, to use P&B parlance, goes.  England will be looking to only bat once here.  

Joe Root is having a year akin to that season that Alistair Cook basically hit a double century every other inning.  

Was thinking before the graphic came up about most centuries in a calendar year the last time an English batsman was in form like this was Vaughan back in the early 2000’s.  Then thought about Cook in 2011/2012.  He was in some nick then.  At one point it looked like he would break the record for most runs in an Ashes series.

Not great from Buttler, looked set for him to come in and belt a few.
Said it repeatedly, his spot should be under serious scrutiny. He's helped by 3 things. Firstly being vice captain, second foakes failing to show up when given a chance to play in the test side and thirdly, all the England batsmen being poor/injured meaning there's no credible alternative at the moment