The Cricket Thread

bewlay

First T20 in St Lucia West Indies 6/145. Australia sort of cruising at 4/108 after 10.2 overs then 40 balls later they’re all out for 127 and lose by 16 runs. 😂

Edited by Eednud

He's now made England's fastest ever 50 in a T20 off 17 balls, then clubbed the next one for 6.
That was a brilliant match. Some outrageous hitting, and the support in the crowd for Pakistan made for a brilliant atmosphere.

On 15/07/2021 at 14:21, Fuctifano said:

I'm weirdly looking forward to the Hundred, just to see how bad it is. 

Awful.  With the exception of some gimmicks and robot wars graphics I am  trying to work out the differential from 20/20. 

It's not particularly quick fire, seems to take ages. 

3 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Awful.  With the exception of some gimmicks and robot wars graphics I am  trying to work out the differential from 20/20. 

It's not particularly quick fire, seems to take ages. 

It's a dreadful form of the game as the ECB try and gain revenue from a new format they can patent as their own.

The rhetoric about enticing new fans is nonsense as if u don't like 20 50 or test cricket you aren't going to suddenly develop a like with this shitty format.

I hope its a massive flop and instead of playing 4 day cricket in the best of the weather and developing test match players we are playing this drivel.

A pox on their houses.

I watched about 5 minutes of it, the score graphics are really badly laid out. 

Think it's meant to be done in 2.5 hours so looking at BBC text the first game overran by a few minutes and my gut says the mens game will be even slower assuming it goes the distance. 

Aye, seemed a bit pointless. The graphics for the second innings made a bit more sense as the tower thing got shorter as the number of balls went down and the required runs went down but was there any big difference between that and a 20/20 game? Not really. Music, fireworks, etc all happened in the first couple of years of T20 in England (and still does I guess) so other than the wee gimmicks about 5 ball overs etc. and the weird card thing for Power Plays (what's wrong with the current signal?) it wasn't exactly Earth shattering. Decent game mind you. Good chase after a dodgy start.

16 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

ECB try and gain revenue from a new format they can patent as their own.

Ahh I see that's it.

After getting shafted by the conman with the gold helicopter and the chest containing one million pounds they needed something to try and call their own to wrestle back something from the IPL etc. 

2 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Ahh I see that's it.

After getting shafted by the conman with the gold helicopter and the chest containing one million pounds they needed something to try and call their own to wrestle back something from the IPL etc. 

Thats it in a nutshell.

30 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Thats it in a nutshell.

I really, really would like it to work as a PoD across the game for Womens Cricket, if they can market it alongside the Vitality Blast for the Mens game & therefore build a following that they richly deserve. As a standalone format however, it can get so far into the sea that it burrows under the Americas & pitches up off the Eastern coast of Sri Lanka.