The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Watched some of the women's test between England and India yesterday. India's 17 year old opener, Shafali Verma, looks like an unbelievable talent (although as I type I see she's just got out). 96 and 63 on debut, and she played some lovely lovely shots through all parts of the off side.

Watched some of the women's test between England and India yesterday. India's 17 year old opener, Shafali Verma, looks like an unbelievable talent (although as I type I see she's just got out). 96 and 63 on debut, and she played some lovely lovely shots through all parts of the off side.
She got out on 96 trying to batter one for a 6, none of this tip tap your way to 100 pish.

Saw a few tweets before it started that they had put the match on a used pitch. Nice way to treat the English women as they play their first home test in nearly two years.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

She got out on 96 trying to batter one for a 6, none of this tip tap your way to 100 pish.

Saw a few tweets before it started that they had put the match on a used pitch. Nice way to treat the English women as they play their first home test in nearly two years.

It had only been used for something like 35 overs, so that was much ado about nothing really.

She hit 3 6s across her 2 innings, which already makes her the leading 6 hitter in the history of women's test match cricket. No one else has more than 2 in their career.

The Kiwis looking good now, hopefully get a batting masterclass from Ross Taylor & KW while the pitch does nowt for Jadeja & Ashwin, although I think Ishant Sharna & Mo Shami will be very dangerous on a seaming & swinging track like this.

It's been a long slog for the Kiwis but they are now just 8 behind India with 3 wickets in hand.

Williamson's strike rate this morning was the lowest of any test batsman who has faced 40+ balls in a session for over 10 years.

India in trouble, lost wickets steadily today but Pant was posing some problems for the Kiwis, he's just skyed one from Boult that Nicholls did well to get across from gully to catch. 7 down with a lead of 124 and only the bowlers left.