The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Kiwis have let this slide a bit. England 258-7 at the close with Lawrence on 67 and Stone and Wood chipping in with some handy runs.
If England get 300, which is not out the question now, then i reckon they go favourites. Broad and Anderson will be very good in these conditions.

Lawrence, stone, and wood have done very well.

It's actually been a cracking day of test cricket. Pretty even.

Away from the test, which was a decent day's watch, I've just noticed that the Pakistan T20 league is up and running again, it's being played in the UAE.

Presumably due to nonsensical temperatures, the games are being played now - it's 1am in the UAE and the game if it goes 20 overs won't finish til close to 2am. 

England have a major problem here as there is obviously something not right with Wood who has only bowled 2 overs so far. He is still on the field so whatever it is can't be a serious injury, but having gone with 4 seamers the other 3 are having to pick up some extra work. Root about to have a bowl himself, and he has previous for finding wickets when needed. 81-1 at the moment.

Interesting day ahead and the first hour after new ball will be pivotal.

How good are this NZ team to make to many changes shows their depth.  I hope they destroy India.

In other news the WI are stinking the place put against the Saffers in first test.

Quinny De Kock blasted 140 of 170 baws.

Am I the only one failing to see what about James Bracey's performances justify international selection? I understand that the 2 definitely ahead of him (and on his test showing so far I'd have him behind Bairstow as well) but there's surely someone better out there? Billings is on the field as a sub, he must be worth a shot in red ball ahead of Bracey?

On 06/03/2021 at 10:56, Tynierose said:

The entire England batting line up is quite simply not good enough excluding Root and Stokes.  There is nobody apart from Root averaging over 40 which in today's climate is pathetic. Stokes average is 37 then the rest are 34 and under.  Even the great hope that is Pope only has 31 and that is after 17 tests so hardly a rookie.

This shower of batsman are quite simply rotten, their technique is awful, they have no plan of how to play on difficult surfaces,  that balloon Bairstow being the perfect example of brainless cricket.  Burns looks like an Octopus at the crease, Sibley is a grafter but incredibly limited, Crawley great knock against Pakistan but one swallow does not make a summer.  Pope seems to be the new Ramprakash, Buttler limited in test matches, Stokes isn't playing his natural game due to the shite around him and this is affecting him, Root can't keep doing it every game and once Root goes the rest topple with the odd exception when Stokes fires.

As for the spinners, deary deary me, Bess is picked because he can bat a bit, maybe get someone who can actually fucing bowl, Leach is bang average and if that's the best they have then fucking hell bring back Derek Underwood who at 75 could bowl better.   The quicks, can't see how much longer Broad/Anderson can keep going.  Wood is injury prone and doesn't have much variation, Archer f**k knows what's going on with him, doesn't seem overly interested in Test match cricket, IPl bound soon I reckon, Stone regularly injured, Woakes well Root just doesn't fancy him.

England are in a right pickle ahead of going to Australia in the winter where the Aussie quicks will demolish this lot of inefective gutless cowards.

Nothing much changed...

Shambles.