The Cricket Thread

bewlay

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, Perkin Flump said:
Sussex 14/3 now at OT, think they will struggle to hit 3 figures the way it's going.

66-4 at lunch, Tom Haines hitting 52 of them.

Yes, he's starting to get on my nerves.

23 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

That's Tom Haines passed a ton, the second centurion of the season after Sam Robson passed 100 for Middlesex against Somerset earlier.

James Vince just joined them off only 81 balls.

13 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

And at the other end, Tom Alsop joins him, although at a much more sedentary pace (102 from 153). Hampshire 292-3 v Leicestershire.

Haines has fair ruined my day, would have skittled them if he hadn't hung about.

A wee shameless plug here. My cricket club have started a YouTube channel, with a plan to have a load of interviews with various players on it over the next few months. The first one was published today, with Leicestershire and future Scotland all-rounder Scott Steel.

I'm not doing the interviewing in this one, but if you watch the future ones when they arrive you'll get the bonus of listening to my dulcet tones as well.

Highlight of the game definitely being Kohli dropping a dolly of a catch that burst through his hands and smashed him in the puss.

Both sides batted poorly towards the end, Indians should really have been close to, if not beyond, 200, and then RCB should have chased it comfortably rather than the scores being level with a ball left.

32 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Final day of the first round of County Championship fixtures, looks like several draws on the cards.

Except at Grace Road where Hampshire defeat Leicestershire by an innings and 105 runs.

8 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Haven't seen this one on the cricket before tbf.20210411_165130.jpg

I thought it had happened before early in the season but didn’t think it this late. https://www.theguardian.com/news/2020/jun/01/weatherwatch-freak-snow-stopped-cricket-on-2-june-1975

Also found something about a Roses 2nd XI match at Headingley in 2017 https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/91953207/unseasonal-snow-forces-play-to-be-abandoned-in-english-county-cricket-second-xi-match