The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Just now, Left Back said:

Are you talking about the stumping?  That’s a shocking decision by the 3rd umpire.

Yeah, again a decision that was taken too quickly, he saw what he wanted to see & it will give England a get out when realistically India don't need the dodgy decisions to win. I can see the ECB firing an official complaint in after this Test which India will order the ICC to ignore.

5 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Yeah, again a decision that was taken too quickly, he saw what he wanted to see & it will give England a get out when realistically India don't need the dodgy decisions to win. I can see the ECB firing an official complaint in after this Test which India will order the ICC to ignore.

I don’t think you needed more than one viewing to know it was out.

20 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Strauss and Cook made the point afterwards that there seemed to be 3 or 4 looks for any India referrals, but one for England. Although Cook also said he felt the decisions were correct, even if the protocol wasn't followed consistently

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Strauss and Cook made the point afterwards that there seemed to be 3 or 4 looks for any India referrals, but one for England. Although Cook also said he felt the decisions were correct, even if the protocol wasn't followed consistently

I am sure the stumping was out, equally there was no way the Stokes catch was out & I am still mystified as to why they were making such a big deal about it.

4 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

I am sure the stumping was out, equally there was no way the Stokes catch was out & I am still mystified as to why they were making such a big deal about it.

It's a bit of passion. I don't have a problem with it. Joe Root did today what Kohli is vilified for. It shouldn't take away from what was a fabulous day for India and a shocker on every level  for England.

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:
4 hours ago, Eednud said:
James Neesham hits 3 sixes in first 3 balls faced. Williamson bowled by Zampa for 53. NZ 175/3 after 16.

Some stunning shots at the end, thought there was a wide and a no ball missed by the umpires in the last couple of balls.

Closer result than expected although NZ should have scored 230. Some good bowling from Australia near the end. Bit of a break before game 3 next Wednesday at the cake tin in Wellington.

Closer result than expected although NZ should have scored 230. Some good bowling from Australia near the end. Bit of a break before game 3 next Wednesday at the cake tin in Wellington.
Cracking finish, Neesham bowls 1 over all day and takes 2 wickets to effectively win the game.