The Cricket Thread

bewlay

27 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Can take or leave the IPL but the last two games have been ludicrous. Mumbai needed 90 off 30,  then19 off 6, last over went 1166W4 - super over coming up

The wicket was a lad getting out on 99 as well.

I'm a test cricket man but you cannot argue that T20 and the IPL in particular is not unbelievably exciting. Tonight and yesterday are two of the best games I have ever seen in the format. 

56 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

I'm a test cricket man but you cannot argue that T20 and the IPL in particular is not unbelievably exciting. Tonight and yesterday are two of the best games I have ever seen in the format. 

I couldn't watch the IPL every day (so many of the commentators are in the annoying p***k category for a start) but the timing of the current one works perfectly for me getting in from work, can check and see if it's a close game or not and watch the last 5/6 overs.

If there was a T20 world cup every year I'd watch that no bother

26 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

They are going to try again with the T20 blast finals day at Edgbaston tomorrow.

Forecast doesn't look promising again. If they don't manage it tomorrow, they'll take a final shot at it on Wednesday. If they can't do it then, the competition will be decided by a bowl off.

Forecast doesn't look promising again. If they don't manage it tomorrow, they'll take a final shot at it on Wednesday. If they can't do it then, the competition will be decided by a bowl off.
Aye, fear the worst for tomorrow too. Was always going to be risky having it this late but they couldn't really do anything else tbf.

Sheffield Shield 2020/21 season started today. For the opening 4 rounds all games are being played in Adelaide. Today it’s QLD v TAS and SA v WA. VIC still in quarantine so not scheduled to face NSW until 22 Oct but some moans about having to play too many games in short period of time might see it deferred until Feb. Games are live on the Cricket Australia app although not sure if that’s Australia only.