The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Interesting start - England 4/2 off 4 balls. Roy and Root both out with the first 2 balls of the innings !
Recovered well through a 100+ partnership between Bairstow and Billings, but both went quite quickly. England 221-6 from 41 overs, 300 still in range.

I'm no expert, but putting your worst bowler in for the last over whilst your most economical one still has an over he can bowl might've been a terrible decision. 
Morgan gambled everything on Starc not reading the googly and holing out to somebody with a catch. Fair play to Starc though for howking the first ball he faced over the rope for 6.

You have to applaud the Windies, Pakistan and Australia for making the effort to come over to play this summer. It would have been very easy just to say it was going to be too much hassle and stay at home.

Been some excellent cricket and from England's point of view two huge personal milestones for Anderson and Broad.

One of the things I find most remarkable about Jimmy is wondering where he might be now if he hadn't been in and out of the side prior to 2010, they hadn't messed around with his action so much, and if he hadn't begun his career spearing at least one delivery an over down the leg side. 700 wickets? Challenging Murali's numbers? 

I'll hold my hand up and admit that I never rated the guy prior to 2010'ish, but what he's achieved is fantastic.

The final of the Bob Willis trophy has been a very good game with day 5 live on the BBC Sport website. Somerset scored 301 in their first innings, with Essex hitting 337-8dec in reply, with Alistair Cook scoring 172. Somerset then declared on 272-7 setting Essex a last day run chase of 237 to win. They are currently 61-2 at lunch.

36 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

The final of the Bob Willis trophy has been a very good game with day 5 live on the BBC Sport website. Somerset scored 301 in their first innings, with Essex hitting 337-8dec in reply, with Alistair Cook scoring 172. Somerset then declared on 272-7 setting Essex a last day run chase of 237 to win. They are currently 61-2 at lunch.

The rule is that if the game is drawn then the team with the best first innings score wins the trophy, so Essex can play quite defensively as they don't need to chase it down.

The rule is that if the game is drawn then the team with the best first innings score wins the trophy, so Essex can play quite defensively as they don't need to chase it down.
Heard that earlier, and with that rule in place Somerset did the only thing they could to give themselves a chance, as they had to give themselves enough time to try and take 10 wickets.