The Cricket Thread

bewlay

10/67 for Broad in the match.  Man of the series by a considerable margin.
Whilst he has played very very well in the two matches, stokes has played well in all 3. But Broad would get my vote not just by as much as you suggest

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:
2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:
10/67 for Broad in the match.  Man of the series by a considerable margin.

Whilst he has played very very well in the two matches, stokes has played well in all 3. But Broad would get my vote not just by as much as you suggest

Fair.

First test against Pakistan starts a week today. What's your England XI?
In all honesty, the team this test but with Crawley back in for Woakes or bess. I'd have foakes for Buttler as well but that won't happen in a month of Sundays

18 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
4 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

In all honesty, the team this test but with Crawley back in for Woakes or bess. I'd have foakes for Buttler as well but that won't happen in a month of Sundays

I think it's either keep the same 11 or drop Bess. No chance you can drop Woakes after that performance. The time to drop Buttler was before this test, but he played a good innings in this game. Tbf, he had a decent series with the gloves as well.

I think it's either keep the same 11 or drop Bess. No chance you can drop Woakes after that performance. The time to drop Buttler was before this test, but he played a good innings in this game. Tbf, he had a decent series with the gloves as well.
I don't think you can go in against Pakistan with a tail as long as England had. OK broad had a great knock. If Stokes is fit to bowl then you could make an argument for leaving out archer I suppose.

11 hours ago, jaggyness said:
11 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I don't think you can go in against Pakistan with a tail as long as England had. OK broad had a great knock. If Stokes is fit to bowl then you could make an argument for leaving out archer I suppose.

Crawley in for Archer if Stokes is fit to bowl.  If not, keep as is.  The great thing about England now is that there several bowlers who could legitimately have a claim to be test capable.   Sam Curran is incredibly unlucky, and if only Mark Wood wasn’t made of chocolate.

On 28/07/2020 at 18:03, die hard doonhamer said:

Burns, Sibley, Crawley, Root, Stokes, Pope, Buttler, Woakes, Bess, Archer, Broad.

Jimmy's turn to sit one out given the rotational policy. I'd have him and Wood back in the side for Test #2

Ireland slowly recovering from 28/5. Willey with 4 wickets already. A guy who wouldn't be playing ordinarily in all likelihood
Some debut for Curtis Campher, coming in with the score at 28-5 and scoring 59 not out. Ireland all out for 172, a target you would expect England to chase down with few problems.