The Cricket Thread

bewlay

No harm in doing it as last man. The cricket equivalent of punting the ball into the stand and claiming the throw in.
ETA: As Atherton just said it is more of a day 4 pitch than a day 5, so I'd expect West Indies to get this. Not sure about the 59% England win prediction at all.
I think it's very dodgy. It's like cheating. They just said that the only thing he could've hoped for is broken technology?

That's dodgy.

That ball clearly hit him and there's no way he didn't know it.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Three down now.  I may have to take my criticism of both Stokes and Archer back at this rate.

Archer much more effective when dropping pace slightly and using skill.

This nonsense that you have to bowl at 93mph all the time is silly.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I think it's very dodgy. It's like cheating. They just said that the only thing he could've hoped for is broken technology?

That's dodgy.

That ball clearly hit him and there's no way he didn't know it.

Broken tech wouldn't have saved him as the umpire gave him out. It was completely pointless. 

This is what makes test cricket the best format. You can boss the game for 3 days then have a bad 45 mins and the game swings completely.  Still the Windies game to  lose I think. One partnership of, say 70 now puts them back in the driving seat. On the other hand, 2 quick wickets and England are nearly home. Few twists and turns in this one yet. 

1 minute ago, Fuctifano said:

Stokes is definitely getting VFM from his hair weave. This should be a cracking couple of hours, first chance I've had to sit down and watch it.

A lot of good hair chat to be had what with Rory Burns channelling his inner Captain Jack Sparrow and Ollie Pope heading down the Malachai from Children Of The Corn route.

This is what makes test cricket the best format. You can boss the game for 3 days then have a bad 45 mins and the game swings completely.  Still the Windies game to  lose I think. One partnership of, say 70 now puts them back in the driving seat. On the other hand, 2 quick wickets and England are nearly home. Few twists and turns in this one yet. 
Absolutely.

This game has swung an awful lot in the last 24 hours. Back and forth, and there's a long way to go.

England getting a wee bit desperate