The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Pope plays on leaving England in the familiar situation of not having a great score with the very real potential for the tail to fall cheaply. A 50 partnership here should put England in the driving seat.
Certainly don't have much faith in Buttler to score too well, but with Curran and Woakes still to come there are still partners there to help Root convert his 50 for once.

Elgar getting out there in a carbon copy of how I got out at Brechin in a third XI game last summer. 

I was batting at 10 and it was an awful wicket for me to give away, never mind a test opener!

ETA: it's 43-3. England in full control.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

Guest Moomintroll
South Africa has stepped from 'a dip in form', into the world of 'embarrassing shite'. 

Making England look good away from home requires a high degree of shiteness, don't want to downplay their success but can see them struggling in Sri Lanka even though they are utter dugmeat right now.

Making England look good away from home requires a high degree of shiteness, don't want to downplay their success but can see them struggling in Sri Lanka even though they are utter dugmeat right now.

Some of those South African wickets were laughable. Some of them were out to just too good bowling.

Guest Moomintroll

Some of those South African wickets were laughable. Some of them were out to just too good bowling.
Tbf I am in foreign parts atm so I haven't seen any of the Test, basing my judgement on Cricinfo live commentary.

The last 3 tests have highlighted how abject England were in the first one. England have been little more than competent, with the odd brilliant individual display thrown in, but it's been far too good for the Saffers.