The Cricket Thread

bewlay

The regression in performances by Scotland in both formats over the last 6 months or so is pretty concerning. I hope it's just a case of the new coaching team working things out, otherwise their stint in charge might not be a long one.

T20 form needs to especially improve. I don’t think we are scheduled to play any T20 cricket until the World Cup at the moment, I’d expect a few warm ups beforehand.

We better improve in ODIs before Kane Williamson rocks up at the Grange next summer to smash a triple-hundred.

Forecast for Australia v New Zealand 1st Test starting in Perth tomorrow is Fri 41, Sat 40, Sun 40, Mon 32 and if it lasts that long Tues 31. 

Sure Lyon and Santner will get some joy once the pitch starts cracking. Looking forward to this series, be interesting to see what like the MCG pitch is on Boxing Day.

Sure Lyon and Santner will get some joy once the pitch starts cracking. Looking forward to this series, be interesting to see what like the MCG pitch is on Boxing Day.

Do Australia have the best bowling attack in the world you reckon? Them and India have scary Test match attacks and New Zealand’s isn’t far off.

If England get a fully fit Jimmy, 90+ Archer, Broad, a fit Wood and an on form Moeen and they would be hard to stop as well. But as it stands with the likes of Woakes and Leach in the team it just doesn’t excite me.

Do Australia have the best bowling attack in the world you reckon? Them and India have scary Test match attacks and New Zealand’s isn’t far off.

If England get a fully fit Jimmy, 90+ Archer, Broad, a fit Wood and an on form Moeen and they would be hard to stop as well. But as it stands with the likes of Woakes and Leach in the team it just doesn’t excite me.

I really dunno. India’s pace attack is as good as I can remember it being, plus 2 good spinners in Ashwin and Jadeja. I reckon they are about neck and neck, but what also impresses me about Australia’s bowling attack is the strength in depth they have. Cummins and Bumrah will go down as greats of the game, although i have seen some question marks over how sustainable Bumrah’s action will be on his body.
The England attack you list would probably match any in the world, but realistically what are the chances of having Anderson + Wood fit, plus Archer bowling 90+?Archer is a potential difference maker, but needs managed well IMO. No point in having him if he’s not bowling at his top speed.

I really dunno. India’s pace attack is as good as I can remember it being, plus 2 good spinners in Ashwin and Jadeja. I reckon they are about neck and neck, but what also impresses me about Australia’s bowling attack is the strength in depth they have. Cummins and Bumrah will go down as greats of the game, although i have seen some question marks over how sustainable Bumrah’s action will be on his body.
The England attack you list would probably match any in the world, but realistically what are the chances of having Anderson + Wood fit, plus Archer bowling 90+?Archer is a potential difference maker, but needs managed well IMO. No point in having him if he’s not bowling at his top speed.

India’s attack is phenomenal to be fair. Bumrah, Shami, Ishant, Ashwin and Jadeja doubling up as a 6. Also guys like Bhuvi and Umesh as backup. People go on about Indian pitches but I can see India winning anywhere in the world on their day now that they’ve moved on from older guys like Vijay and Dhawan, and binned off perma-diddies like KL Rahul.

The thing with Australia, NZ and England is I think their attacks could win at home and in other countries like South Africa, but I think India have the pace attack to win anywhere, as well as the spin attack for the sub-continent.

Yes but........
Lyon is much more attacking. Santner is usually used to contain and slow the run rate.

NZ get Labushacknee out here and they’re in a good position especially on this lifeless pitch. What’s the point in this big Perth bowl arena thing when there’s about 12 people inside? WACA much better.

Hopefully Head can get a decent score, I like him. Always seems to score a fantastic 30/40 odd then gets out, though.