The Cricket Thread

bewlay

England had NZ 191/5 and now NZ are 308/5 and counting. Familiar story with Watling and the all-rounder with the 100+ partnership.
More of the same from last week. Not only did England go long spells without taking wickets, they weren't really threatening to take them either. NZ weren't exactly cracking on with scoring either, they only scored 80 odd runs from the first 45 overs, before piling on a few

Archer takes 1 wicket again, albeit an important one getting Santner for 23. It's baffling watching him now though compared to the way he was steaming in at the start of the season. Probably labouring the point, but they've now turned him into an 85mph bowler with the odd quicker ball.

4 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

David Warners’ struggles abroad are well documented, but his record in Australia is phenomenal. 335* take a bow

No as he’s still a cheating c**t playing on a batsman’s wicket against an absolute shite,opposition. 

269/5 at the close. Root still there on 114, great to see him convert for a change. Stokes made 26, Crawley 1. Pope is 4 not out. Still a good amount of batting to come with 2 genuine all-rounders in Curran and Woakes and then 2 very capable bowlers. Should be looking to get a reasonable lead tomorrow and ruling out a defeat.

Pakistan resumed on 96-6, but managed to drag themselves to 302 thanks to 97 from Babar and 113 from Yasir.

Australia enforced the follow on though and Hazlewood has already trapped Imam in the 4th over to leave Pakistan 2-1 at the dinner break and still 285 behind.

12 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

As Uddingston born and bred Caramel Wafer adverts on the other side of the world fill me with great pride. I used to live close enough to the factory that I could hear it humming through the night. I'm sure I hummed more, right enough.

I met Boyd Tunnock once, he was utterly humming.

Guest Moomintroll
I met Boyd Tunnock once, he was utterly humming.
What was he utterly humming? Hopefully Joe Root can keep batting himself back into form & release the media pressure on his average, still think he also needs to back himself more as a bowler though, he seems to have that handy knack of being a partnership breaker, he has no idea where the ball is spinning so why will the batsman.

What was he utterly humming? Hopefully Joe Root can keep batting himself back into form & release the media pressure on his average, still think he also needs to back himself more as a bowler though, he seems to have that handy knack of being a partnership breaker, he has no idea where the ball is spinning so why will the batsman.
Will England go hard to try and win this? They've got a while innings in the pocket and they're not going to be far behind even with a collapse.

Bat like f**k and stick NZ in with a 150 deficit at the end of the day?

More likely, they'll slowly eek their way up to level and then the rain will end the game.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Will England go hard to try and win this? They've got a while innings in the pocket and they're not going to be far behind even with a collapse.

Bat like f**k and stick NZ in with a 150 deficit at the end of the day?

More likely, they'll slowly eek their way up to level and then the rain will end the game.

I'd go either for the draw or England somehow managing to collapse twice to give NZ the win.

Whit? Surely that's not possible though. NZ couldn't get the funds on the board to put them in.
They are still 93 in front just now. Skittle England this morning and still have 30-40 of a lead, then bat the rest of today and part of tomorrow, have a lead of 200-220, then give themselves close to 2 sessions to bowl England out. Improbable, but given some of England's collapses on their travels certainly not impossible.