The Cricket Thread

bewlay

England name their final squad today. From the provisional 15 man squad last month you would expect Vince would be the replacement for Hales. Bigger question is who drops out to let Archer in. If they decide to keep Denly as an extra spin option then imo it's a straight choice between Curran and Willey, personally I would go for Curran of those 2. What yesterday showed though is that pace might be as big a factor as spin, and they have more than enough batting to leave Denly out and keep both Curran and Willey.

England name their final squad today. From the provisional 15 man squad last month you would expect Vince would be the replacement for Hales. Bigger question is who drops out to let Archer in. If they decide to keep Denly as an extra spin option then imo it's a straight choice between Curran and Willey, personally I would go for Curran of those 2. What yesterday showed though is that pace might be as big a factor as spin, and they have more than enough batting to leave Denly out and keep both Curran and Willey.
I'd have thought plunkett was the seamer most likely to miss out if (when) Archer is included

Eoin Morgan (captain) Moeen Ali, Jofra Archer, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Jos Buttler (wk), Tom Curran, Liam Dawson, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, James Vince, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood

Willey and Denly miss out

Dawson a wee bit of a surprise as he didn't play in any of the warm up games, but they obviously felt a proper back up spinner was needed instead of relying on part timers like Root or Denly.