The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Guest Moomintroll
Willey was lucky to escape injury with that one tbh, could easily have did some damage to his ankle.

Archer impressed with a couple of big wickets and a brilliant bit of fielding for a direct hit run out.
First thing I thought, very lucky to escape injury there & between that incident and the poor crowd can't see the ECB being too happy with Glamorgan. Sure he is a certainty anyway but Archer not doing himself any harm with that performance, especially the reminder of his fielding skills if he gets a few runs in the ODI series that will cement his place in the WC squad.

First thing I thought, very lucky to escape injury there & between that incident and the poor crowd can't see the ECB being too happy with Glamorgan. Sure he is a certainty anyway but Archer not doing himself any harm with that performance, especially the reminder of his fielding skills if he gets a few runs in the ODI series that will cement his place in the WC squad.
Saw a reply to a TMS tweet about it from a guy who broke his ankle doing exactly the same thing, so could easily have been a lot worse for Willey.

Ireland lost by 196 runs to the Windies chasing 381, which was all down to a record ODI opening stand of 365 by Campbell and Hope.

Guest Moomintroll
Saw a reply to a TMS tweet about it from a guy who broke his ankle doing exactly the same thing, so could easily have been a lot worse for Willey.

Ireland lost by 196 runs to the Windies chasing 381, which was all down to a record ODI opening stand of 365 by Campbell and Hope.
Was obviously a more batter friendly wicket than the other day, that said, although we were robbed of qualification by them, they have a good team. If they get on a roll they will be hard to beat.

Guest Moomintroll

Weather in South London not looking too clever at the moment, think this might turn into an unofficial 2nd T20 unless the rain clears off sharpish.

This Joffra Archer chap actually looks pretty decent. If he can at all handle a bat, he could be an excellent addition in all forms of the game. Anyone know if he plays red ball cricket?

Guest Moomintroll
This Joffra Archer chap actually looks pretty decent. If he can at all handle a bat, he could be an excellent addition in all forms of the game. Anyone know if he plays red ball cricket?

He averages 31 with the bat with a decent scoring rate in red ball cricket, 23.5 with the ball so he is a true all-rounder, only issue is that he hasn't got a century yet but that may be more down to his position in the order. List A he only averages 24 with the bat but his scoring rate is 120 & he is usually coming in when teams are trying to accelerate so has to take more chances.

Edited for spelling, I appear to have TTitis.

54 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

He averages 31 with the bat with a decent scoring rate in red ball cricket, 23.5 with the ball so he is a true all-rounder, only issue is that he hasn't got a century yet but that may be more down to his position in the order. List A he only averages 24 with the bat but his scoring rate is 120 & he is usually coming in when teams are trying to accelerate so has to take more chances.

Edited for spelling, I appear to have TTitis.

Cheers.  Pretty promising stuff.  

Guest Moomintroll

England seamers up til now doing more to guarantee Jofra Archer will be in the WC squad than he could ever do himself, think Wood might be in for the chop as his USP is bowling at 90mph+, which Archer does as well as being a decent bat, seems mad to say it given his record but Plunkett is starting to look very vulnerable.

5 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Another very comfortable England win, which makes it all the more likely they will somehow manage to balls it up come World Cup time.

I wouldn't say that was comfortable. England did their best to collapse through the middle but Stokes did an outstanding job of steadying the innings, along with Curran and Rashid. 

If Pakistan were competent in the field they'd have strolled that game.

I wouldn't say that was comfortable. England did their best to collapse through the middle but Stokes did an outstanding job of steadying the innings, along with Curran and Rashid. 
If Pakistan were competent in the field they'd have strolled that game.
Thought once Stokes got settled England just kept going steadily and were always on top of the run rate. Pakistan's fielding has been poor, but they also made it too easy for England to nudge ones and twos and keep the scoreboard moving.

I don't think there is any genuine debate. He'll be opening the bowling in the world cup. Bigger debate is who bowls from the other end.
Yep, no debate at all for me.. He has to be one of the first names on the team sheet based on these last few games.

15 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Heading to The Grange for Scotland v Sri Lanka today. Weather forecast has been up and down all week, hopefully it holds enough to get a completed game.

I’m heading too. Forecast has been abysmal all week but this morning hasn’t been too bad and it doesn’t look like there will be major disruption.

Edit: and it’s changed to heavy rain 10/11 so a delayed start on the cards. Pub it is.

Edited by Muzza81

4 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

I’m heading too. Forecast has been abysmal all week but this morning hasn’t been too bad and it doesn’t look like there will be major disruption.

Edit: and it’s changed to heavy rain 10/11 so a delayed start on the cards. Pub it is.

I don't think we'll get any play. Mates have got on to talking Brexit already. I need cricket.