The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Is the next Windies England T20 game on telly, I can't see it in the listings anywhere? Struggling to understand why they would only televise one of the games. 

The West Indies cricket board make the SFA look genuinely progressive. They refused to sell highlights packages of the test series to UK TV because it might have meant fewer England supporters flew out. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve done the same for these games.

13 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Surpised at that. Maybe they have released it on YouTube to piss Sky off as they weren't happy with the agreed deal? Anyway good last few overs from England. Probably favourites now, but that can change if Gayle gets his eye in. 

Goes for 5 in the third over. Huge.

Mark Ramprakash has been sacked as England’s test batting coach. I’d imagine he’ll be replaced by another underachieving former test regular. Oh let’s say, Graeme Hick. (Or Ed Smith, even.)

I think one thing that gets overlooked these days is the standard of fielding. A lot of focus gets put on batsmen battering it all round the ground, but there are some phenomenal catches at times too, like this one.

https://twitter.com/TheCricketerMag/status/1106489764260339713?s=19

Guest Moomintroll
I think one thing that gets overlooked these days when is the standard of fielding. A lot if focus gets put on batsmen battering it all round the ground, but there are some phenomenal catches at times too, like this one.

That was incredible. Aside from his death bowling when he gets it right, I would always have Chris Jordan in the ODI team for England for his fielding abilities alone. Archer, Woakes, Wood, Jordan, Ali & Rashid as a bowling combination would be hard to face in late June/early July conditions, when you think of what they bring to the table, Wood apart, as late order batsmen it is hard to see how England can lose the World Cup unless they have their brainfart at the wrong time.