The Cricket Thread

bewlay

England win by 6 wickets. 123 for Roy, 102 for Root. England highest ever chase in ODIs, the fourth highest chase in all ODIs.

This is why England are favourites for the world cup. I wouldn't bet against them chasing anything less than 400 at the moment.

I had this conversation with my Dad between the innings. If only I was a gambler...

Screenshot_20190220-210817__01.thumb.jpg.318e1966722ce89a6c4d096f6b4b38a9.jpg

Edited by die hard doonhamer

Guest Moomintroll

Everything points to England winning the World Cup this year, however, the anecdotal evidence points to them having an inexplicable brainfart that will derail them. The only question is, at which point will it happen? Predict that point & you will be able to work out the eventual winners, I have no idea as they could easily lose to Afghanistan and hammer everyone else in the group srage.

Seen that!! Not watched any of it. Has been seamers or spin that have done the damage?
I only caught the last hour or so yesterday and a bit longer today, but the pitch looks fairly benign and nobody has really bowled exceptionally, but the wickets just kept tumbling. Some very poor shots in amongst it. Sri Lanka were 2 down at the close with 137 still needed for the win.

Scotland completed a series win over Oman after reaching 303-5 batting first, Munsey with 96 and Berrington with 72no the top scorers. Oman came up 15 runs short.

Windies toiling badly against England on a slow pitch, 156-3 from 31 overs, be struggling to get into the high 200s at the current rate. Hetmyer and Bravo look well set though, but really need to he cutting loose to give them any sort of chance.