The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Just now, Tynierose said:

It's bloody true, he could double up as one of those guys kidding on they're a statue.   KP is a knob but by christ what a player., his opinion on Jennings was quite simple, "He can't bat"

Absolutely. Time to have a look at Denly.

1 minute ago, Tynierose said:

I would rather we picked a young opener, just like we did with Cookie and give him time.  Mind you will need to fond one first.  Denly is 33 in March.

Agree with that aswell but he's the one out there and I can't take anymore of Jennings. 

Just now, Jupiter Jazz said:

Agree with that aswell but he's the one out there and I can't take anymore of Jennings. 

Could almost go with opening with Bairstow, would give slightly more balance and he can't be worse than Jennings.  Who goes to number three, who knows, Buttler?

What a shambles.

17 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I would rather we picked a young opener, just like we did with Cookie and give him time.  Mind you will need to fond one first.  Denly is 33 in March.

I would happily see them go back to Hameed. He looked promising when he had his initial chance, though admittedly has struggled for Lancashire since. But he's young, and of he develops in to it then could be at the top of the order for the next 15 years.

Just now, die hard doonhamer said:

I would happily see them go back to Hameed. He looked promising when he had his initial chance, though admittedly has struggled for Lancashire since. But he's young, and of he develops in to it then could be at the top of the order for the next 15 years.

Good shout, some players are just born for test cricket.  Look at the county averages of MP Vaughan etc, thrived at test level.

10 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Could almost go with opening with Bairstow, would give slightly more balance and he can't be worse than Jennings.  Who goes to number three, who knows, Buttler?

What a shambles.

Bairstow's barely deserving of his spot at 3 as it is.

Guest Moomintroll
It's bloody true, he could double up as one of those guys kidding on they're a statue.   KP is a knob but by christ what a player., his opinion on Jennings was quite simple, "He can't bat"
True dat, but but short leg.

Guest Moomintroll
Get his dad out of the frame and get Alec Stewart & Graeme Gooch coaching him and he will blossom.

Guest Moomintroll
Swap Broad with Woakes and I'm with you.
Only in home tests though, Chris Woakes is woeful on foreign tracks, Jofra Archer is going to change the dynamic I believe though who knows.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
5 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:
Swap Broad with Woakes and I'm with you.

Only in home tests though, Chris Woakes is woeful on foreign tracks, Jofra Archer is going to change the dynamic I believe though who knows.

Stuart Broad is woeful on all tracks.

433 wickets and 8-16 would suggest otherwise.
I'm always worried about writing off broad as a bowler because, as others have pointed out, he has the ability to produce spells where every ball looks like a wicket taker. The reality is however he hasn't done this for nearly 4 years, has contributed next to nothing with the bat and it is time to look for a replacement. Who that is I don't know