The Cricket Thread

bewlay

Chronic stuff here from Root - he's never ever a captain.

I’d say he had an excellent test. Certainly better than his opposite number.

Almost every bowling change paid off, and he got the fielding aggressiveness spot on.

4 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Turns out Stokes was the one being homophobic. 

Even if it wasn’t and Stokes was playing the knight in shining armour, the level of violence involved was well above and beyond what is required to show a homophobic moron their actions won’t be tolerated. 

Absolutely horrible c**t. 

564F91A4-82C1-473A-BFAC-76AD9A93B43E.png

You've only heard the prosecution, to be fair.  As the last line says, the trial continues.

England lead by 250 after day 3 with Woakes not out on 120. The forecast isn't great for the next couple of days, if I were Joe Root I'd be declaring first thing tomorrow, the lead is already big enough that it should be an innings win.

This

The rain is the real threat and more runs on the board are no défense against that

Even if India somehow get 280 an early declaration would be more likely to leave time at the end to smash the 30 required

Probably only fair to point out how well England have played in this match, and for the second test running Joe Root looks a better captain than his opposite number.

ETA:  having said that, I have no idea why England are still batting.

Edited by Savage Henry