P&b Running Club

Well done to those that completed the half and full marathon in Edinburgh today.

1hr51 is a great time.

Thanks, I'm really chuffed with it. I wasn't even timing myself as my only aim was just to get around. I just wish I had a watch on me because if I realised what my pace was I would have pushed on a bit earlier.

It was the first time that I've ran outside in years. Normally I just run on treadmills at the gym.

I think it is quite a fast course and I think the weather was just about ideal. The only other half I've done was in Glasgow 8yrs ago and that seemed much tougher (I did that in 1hr 50min but was really pushing it from the start and it nearly done me in).

I'm thinking about entering another one just to see if I can get my time below 1hr 50min.

Anybody recommend halfs later on in the year?

sorry for cross posting. I was the steward in the SAMH top encouraging the runners just before it turned into the side street where you got yer medals, if anyone is interested.

Well done the lot of you, yer all mad :lol:

You weren't the guy who came over and asked me if i was ok after i sat on the pavement gripping my fucking agonized knee were you?

Echo the above comments, the atmosphere was brilliant on the Marathon, it was great having the villagers on the route come out in sometimes pishing rain to encourage us all, give us drinks and sweets etc. Tremendous stuff.

On a personal note, i found that stretch back to Musselburgh totally absolutely brutal, 8-10 miles into a strong, sometimes gale force wind. It completely killed me and i had to walk most of it. I just had nothing left at all. That combined with my training going tits up a few weeks back with runner's knee probably did for me. I still finished the course though, and am currently in pain i had previously not considered possible laugh.gif

Anyway, a big well done to Reina and the guys above for their efforts. Superb work. And also like to thank the P&B'ers who donated. Thanks guys. biggrin.gif

Thanks, I'm really chuffed with it. I wasn't even timing myself as my only aim was just to get around. I just wish I had a watch on me because if I realised what my pace was I would have pushed on a bit earlier.

It was the first time that I've ran outside in years. Normally I just run on treadmills at the gym.

I think it is quite a fast course and I think the weather was just about ideal. The only other half I've done was in Glasgow 8yrs ago and that seemed much tougher (I did that in 1hr 50min but was really pushing it from the start and it nearly done me in).

I'm thinking about entering another one just to see if I can get my time below 1hr 50min.

Anybody recommend halfs later on in the year?

The Glen Clova half is a cracking run, beautiful scenery etc etc, but a really tough test and not one to make a PB on probably. It's usually in November

You weren't the guy who came over and asked me if i was ok after i sat on the pavement gripping my fucking agonized knee were you?

Echo the above comments, the atmosphere was brilliant on the Marathon, it was great having the villagers on the route come out in sometimes pishing rain to encourage us all, give us drinks and sweets etc. Tremendous stuff.

On a personal note, i found that stretch back to Musselburgh totally absolutely brutal, 8-10 miles into a strong, sometimes gale force wind. It completely killed me and i had to walk most of it. I just had nothing left at all. That combined with my training going tits up a few weeks back with runner's knee probably did for me. I still finished the course though, and am currently in pain i had previously not considered possible laugh.gif

Anyway, a big well done to Reina and the guys above for their efforts. Superb work. And also like to thank the P&B'ers who donated. Thanks guys. biggrin.gif

Well done on doing it Jupe especially with the limited amount of training you've been able to do due to injuries.

There is no way I could have done the whole 26 miles. I don't know if I'll ever be brave enough to try.

The Glen Clova half is a cracking run, beautiful scenery etc etc, but a really tough test and not one to make a PB on probably. It's usually in November

I'm not doing anything hilly.

Well done on doing it Jupe especially with the limited amount of training you've been able to do due to injuries.

There is no way I could have done the whole 26 miles. I don't know if I'll ever be brave enough to try.

I'm not doing anything hilly.

That was my one and only time!

Aye Clova is very hilly.

Check out the event listings on the JogScotland site ... you should find something there

I'm running the 10k in Dunfermline next Wednesday. Training was going alright, but just been on holiday for the last week and a half, and the amount of walking has given me some blisters on my foot. Hopefully get back out on Tuesday once they're gone.

Indeed it was, I asked if you wanted me to get you a drink or if you needed help.

Hope yer knee is fine. ;)

laugh.gif

Small world eh?!

Cheers, knee is a tad nippy!

Indeed. You got off lighly though....

The last comment I said to a hawkehill runner though was 'the last time i saw Dundonian's running like this, was legging it out of Arnott's with a handful of stolen gear'....

:P

I've posted my 'race report' on the blog here. I've raised £891 for Macmillan and am delighted with the time I got. I didn't expect to be able to run the whole thing, so I'm feeling rather pleased with myself! :) Thanks for the support and sponsorship! :)

I've posted my 'race report' on the blog here. I've raised £891 for Macmillan and am delighted with the time I got. I didn't expect to be able to run the whole thing, so I'm feeling rather pleased with myself! :) Thanks for the support and sponsorship! :)

Congratulations. Not just on your time but also the tremendous amount you have raised. I think I raised about £530.

Has anyone else looked at the race photos of themselves? I look so stupid because my shorts were so full of painkillers and jelly babies that the pockets are hanging lower than the bottom of the shorts.

I've actually got bruises where the pockets were bouncing off my thighs.

I've been left black and blue by jelly babies :ph34r:

Congratulations. Not just on your time but also the tremendous amount you have raised. I think I raised about £530.

Has anyone else looked at the race photos of themselves? I look so stupid because my shorts were so full of painkillers and jelly babies that the pockets are hanging lower than the bottom of the shorts.

I've actually got bruises where the pockets were bouncing off my thighs.

I've been left black and blue by jelly babies :ph34r:

I've just looked at mine. They're horrendous. I suspect i won't be shelling out to buy those...

Thanks Ziggy, I got another tenner today, so am over the £900 now! :)

Napoleon, fairly consistent. I wore my Garmin and here are my splits:

1 00:09:35

2 00:09:28

3 00:09:17

4 00:09:09

5 00:09:30

6 00:09:35

7 00:09:35

8 00:09:43

9 00:09:57

10 00:09:53

11 00:09:52

12 00:10:08

13 00:09:54

Only one mile over 10 min/mile - that was where the lucozade was and it slowed me down a little. I really needed it though - felt great after I'd drank it.

My race photos are pretty good, but I'm not paying £30 for them!

If you check your result on the official page it gives the position you finished. You can also check the top finishers in a variety of age groups & gender.

I got beat by 3 woman who were older than 55 (pensioners?). One of them did it in 1hr 37mins wow :o

Edited by Ziggy

My team finished 97th out of 641. Got to be pleased with that. We were about 50 mins behind the team that won the relay.

I'm well fired up for the Glasgow Half in September now.

Congratulations to all the Edinburgh runners though, looks like everyone posted great time in whatever race they took part in :D