P&b Running Club

Well done Baggio! That's a great time for your first one, mine was similar :)

I hated every step of the 10k I did on Saturday - it was 22˚, really windy, boring flat exposed course. Eurgh. 57'43" was my time which I was happy with as I was just using it as a slow (for me) training run. Shows how far I've come when I consider that a slowish time. Once this half is out the way (2 weeks - oh shit) I'm going to really work on my 10k time - hopefully get under 50 mins by next year. I think that's realistic enough, only have to shave 5 mins off... :unsure:8)

Mind you, you never know - I might really enjoy the half marathon and decide that's the distance for me... (can't see it)

who's all doing the edinburgh half then?

My training has been patchy but with a tail wind might just make it round.

Me. Although I've not been able to run for a month due to problems with my right calf. Just gonna try and bluff it on the day :unsure:

Me. Although I've not been able to run for a month due to problems with my right calf. Just gonna try and bluff it on the day :unsure:

Aye, and you'll probably still get a faster time than me... <_<

Me, in case you couldn't work that out ;)

Aye, and you'll probably still get a faster time than me... <_<

Me, in case you couldn't work that out ;)

I doubt it. I'm just gonna take it very easy and hope that I'm most of the way round before my calf goes pop. It'll be a nightmare if it goes early and I have to walk most of the way.

I've been revising my estimated time upwards on a fairly regular basis. :(

What time are you aiming for Reina? You must be thinking that sub 2 hours is possible. It sounds like your training has been going well.

I've not been out for 6 days, laziness really and blaming the weather, although I love running in the rain.

Amazing how after a couple of days of not running, how unfit you can feel.

A 5 miler tomorrow for me.

I've not been out for 6 days, laziness really and blaming the weather, although I love running in the rain.

Amazing how after a couple of days of not running, how unfit you can feel.

A 5 miler tomorrow for me.

I had two weeks out and felt like i was starting all over again.

Hopefully a 3 mile hill run today, 4 miles tomorrow then 10 on Saturday. Just to get back to where i was a month ago!

Oh, btw, do any of you EMF runners have your race number yet? I don't and am thinking that they're cutting it a bit fine...

No I've not got mine either.

I did an 8 mile walk/jog with my dog yesterday. Calf feels ok today so I reckon I'll be fine a week on Sunday.

I am going back to the Jog Scotland class tonught, after being off for ages with my sore back.

I am dreading how hard it's going to be, I have been out on my bike to try and keep some kind of fitness, but I know tonight will be tough!!!! :(

Oh, btw, do any of you EMF runners have your race number yet? I don't and am thinking that they're cutting it a bit fine...

Nope. All the MacMmillan stuff came through on Saturday, but the EMF stuff was supposed to be two weeks from the event. They'd better hurry up!

BTW Any oher Nike+ users having bother with the site today?

I am going back to the Jog Scotland class tonught, after being off for ages with my sore back.

I am dreading how hard it's going to be, I have been out on my bike to try and keep some kind of fitness, but I know tonight will be tough!!!! :(

It was ok !! :D Managed 3 miles. chuffed :):)

Ran 10K this morning, pretty pish time of 57 minutes. It was bloody torture, i just ran 3.1 miles out into the country on a fairly straight road and the same back in. On the way out i was running into a strong wind (which i detest more than pishing rain), but wasn't hugely bothered as i'd haver a tailwind coming back. Erm no. I got half a mile of tailwind before it died down to a breeze :lol:

Still a bit worried about this knee though. It wasn't especially painful this morning, more of a minor niggle. Hopefully repeated use of the foam roller, ibuprofen and a sports massage on Wednesday will help me make it through Sunday.

PS, My running number/timing chip arrived this morning, after getting the final race instructions last night via email. Just have to finalise the transport etc and another 3 or 4 short training runs and that'll be it.

I received my email but will need to head to the Expo on Friday or Saturday (overtime dependent) to pick up all 4 relay numbers/packs. I did this in 2008 when I went to pick up my and two friends packs (they did not post out the numbers that year to drum up business at the Expo).

Carting 3 heavy bags full of marathon guff (and three 4 packs of baking tatties due to the sponsor) was a right pain in the arse. Hopefully the stuff I need to pick up is much lighter this time round.

Last week was the first track and field league meeting at the centre of sporting excellence that is middlesbrough.

First up was the 400M hurdles. Did really well in the close heat on the track and did a PB of 82.1. I still finished last, but that;s 5 seconds of my PB and 9 seconds ahead of my first attempt last year.

Then the event I've been training for - the 3000M Steeplechase. Last year at the first meeting I did 15mins 27 secs, eventually getting down to 15mins 7 secs. My aim this year is to get near 14mins. Well I smashed that target and ran 13mns 51secs. I was in 2nd after the 1st lap and 3rd for 4 laps. Now it's a case of trying to get down to the 13 min mark.

I was picked to do the tripple jump. I got another PB of 8.84M, up from 8.5M last season. I was still way down as the guys were jumping 14-15M.

I got a fouth PB (ok, the first time I'd ran this distance) in the 5000M. What a boring event it is. 12.5 laps. I jogged round in 24mins 24 secs as I was just doing it to get a couple of points for the team.

Did a 5 mile race on Tuesday aloing multi-terrian. I was aiming for 38min time pacing at 3 x 8mins/mile and 2 x 7mins.mile, but managed to finish in 36mins51secs, finishing really strong.

On Thursday I took a 20min Fartlek session. It was hard going.

This weeks training will be 3-4M downhill stride session. When running downhill if you open your stride up it will help you with speed and sprinting power. Another session on Thursday, but that'll be an easy session as I am doing the Edinburgh 10K on Sat.