P&b Running Club

Got my 100km in January completed with a nice wee 5k pb to finish. When I started I didnt know how I was going to do it but as the month went on I started to enjoy it. Definitely going to keep running from now on. Going to set myself some targets and aim to complete a half marathon and full marathon at some point this year

Aimed for a scenic run around the reservoir but by the time I got there it was already 8k so ended up doing 16.4k by accident. Had to reschedule a live lesson with my N5 class to get back in time and now everything hurts.

On the plus side, it's the second longest distance I've ever done and longest since the half marathon in 2018 so reassured that I can still do a decent distance without much prep. Would like to get a more consistent pace if I did it again though.

Trimmed the map slightly so scary people don't find my house.

Done 115 mile in January having only started running properly end November/ start of Jan and raised £400 for Maggie’s centre which was a welcomed incentive.

Eat a couple bits of tray bake at work today so earned it all back with 11 miles in the legs tonight/this morning by time I was in the house.

Definitely going to aim for a half marathon in the future but wasn’t quite up for it after 14 hour at work today.

Binned the booze completely in January to focus on fitness/running and absolutely loved it. Clocked 198 miles and got a new PB for half marathon and 5k. Not to mention the Xmas spare tyre is basically gone.

Due to have a wee beer this Saturday but not sure I'm even arsed about it!

This snow is a nightmare for getting out. Even the roads are still covered 

Even if the pavements were clear the swirling winds with the snow blowing into your face makes it a thoroughly disheartening experience. Obviously if the gyms were open I could just go there and get 30 minutes on the treadmill but that’s not possible just now

Went back out today for 6km. Was enough walks in it that it was pretty much a run-walk-run-walk affair, but still, 6.24 pace which isnt too bad for all the stop start.

Getting back out was a conscious decision that regardless of time, just go and put the yards into your legs. On the way round though I was thinking to myself, iv been sat on the couch for weeks now wanting to get back out, but essentially bottling it because I knew my times would be shit and it would be hard compared to how I was last year. A "can't win, don't try" attitude. Proper toxic competitiveness against an adversary in your own mind [emoji23] I wonder how many other folk do exactly this?

I keep getting one or both sore calves about 3-4 miles into a run, even with compression socks, which is pretty frustrating. Dunno if it's due to already tired-ish legs as I've cycle/use Zwift 3-4 times a week. I did have a rest day before the screenshotted run but my left calf still started bothering me at 3.5 miles. I've got decent running shoes which should suit my gait, so f**k knows.
Screenshot_20210221-163012_Strava.jpg

4 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I keep getting one or both sore calves about 3-4 miles into a run, even with compression socks, which is pretty frustrating. Dunno if it's due to already tired-ish legs as I've cycle/use Zwift 3-4 times a week. I did have a rest day before the screenshotted run but my left calf still started bothering me at 3.5 miles. I've got decent running shoes which should suit my gait, so f**k knows.
Screenshot_20210221-163012_Strava.jpg

You probably are just over doing it maybe need to just back off the exercise a bit and  stretch the calf muscles the last thing you want is a sore calf turning into a torn calf, I knew you cycled you also a regular runner?