P&b Running Club

Another 5k in the bag tonight, takes me up to 60k in my 100k January challenge. I'm beginning to enjoy this running lark. Helps that I'm losing a bit of beef too so I'm not having to haul my fat belly round as much!

I’m doing 100K this month as well mate and I’m at just over 73K

I'm keen to get back in to running, but my trainers are gubbed (been used well past the point that they should, and as such they now feel like they cause injuries rather than anything else). I got a proper fit done about 6 years ago and have then just bought the updated version when I needed new ones, but I think it's probably time for a fit again for the next pair. So, this lockdown lark is quite frustrating in that regard.

94/100 miles for the month done for Maggie’s Centres and will be well over £400 raised when completed.

Genuinely think the 94 miles ran this month is more than I’ve ever ran in the previous 29 years all together.

Shifted 2 stone over the festive months without being religious with diet all of the time but still firing the miles in between a lot of shifts at work.

2 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

94/100 miles for the month done for Maggie’s Centres and will be well over £400 raised when completed.

Genuinely think the 94 miles ran this month is more than I’ve ever ran in the previous 29 years all together.

Shifted 2 stone over the festive months without being religious with diet all of the time but still firing the miles in between a lot of shifts at work.

Brilliant mate. Well done. I'm 70/100 km done, slightly behind where I wanted to be at this stage so left myself a good bit to do this week but I'll power on. 

Great effort on the weight loss, im 1 stone down since middle if December which im delighted with.

2 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Brilliant mate. Well done. I'm 70/100 km done, slightly behind where I wanted to be at this stage so left myself a good bit to do this week but I'll power on. 

Great effort on the weight loss, im 1 stone down since middle if December which im delighted with.

Cheers mate long way to go but it’s becoming a lifestyle which I’m more pleased with so going out tonight to finish off my 100 for the challenge which originally was 50 but I was 18 miles down after 3 days and was offered double donations by a couple of people if I hit 100 so had to be done

Dont know where the motivation came from but getting a smart watch (Apple) has helped immensely.

Guest bernardblack

New experience today.

Out running...planted my right foot and boom...ankle gave way and I went flying.

Feels okay but came in to rest it up to be on the safe side.

Must’ve been a great laugh for anyone looking out the window!

32 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

New experience today.

Out running...planted my right foot and boom...ankle gave way and I went flying.

Shit, what happened? 

Guest bernardblack
Shit, what happened? 

Just felt a shooting pain go up my leg and my foot/ankle just gave way.

Seems to be okay but the last time that happened was playing fives and I kept playing and subsequently tore my ligaments.

Few days rest should hopefully sort it

16 hours ago, bernardblack said:

New experience today.

Hope you're alright Bernard....does sound funny to have watched though ;)

Having mainly worn Asics runners, probably 20 odd pairs throughout my life mixed with a couple of pairs of New Balance along the way, I deserted them for Saucony last time out. As the old saying goes, stick to what you know.

First run this morning in my new Gel Kayano 26’s and it was like running with pillows on the soles of my feet. I’ll never desert them for another brand again.

IMG_7594.jpg

Guest bernardblack
Hope you're alright Bernard....does sound funny to have watched though [emoji6]

Aye it must’ve been! No swelling etc today so going to give it a day and head back out tomorrow [emoji1303]

Managed another 10k on Saturday afternoon, had hoped to get out Monday or yesterday but been hit with 7 or 8 inches of snow so hasn’t happened. Hoping the weather reports are correct and it goes from -1 today to 10c tomorrow, should clear it up and let me continue.