Thundermonkey

P&b Running Club

It's the cold I struggle with. Really affects my breathing and makes it quite unpleasant. Did a 5k on Sunday and really struggled in that regard. Chest was really tight and was struggling to get a good breath. The fact that I felt like I was going to vomit pure gravy can't have helped either.

Have you tried running with a snood?

I find it helps me catch my breath in the cold, if that makes sense?

Have you tried running with a snood?

I find it helps me catch my breath in the cold, if that makes sense?

Na,never tried that. Always thought it would restrict my breathing more than anything but will give it a go over the weekend.

I started getting back into it the last week or so. Managed a 10k, a 5k and a 5 mile in the last 3 days. Down the beach in Aberdeen has been mobbed though and two cyclists on the lower promenade just about caused me to lose my shit yesterday.

I started getting back into it the last week or so. Managed a 10k, a 5k and a 5 mile in the last 3 days. Down the beach in Aberdeen has been mobbed though and two cyclists on the lower promenade just about caused me to lose my shit yesterday.

Done 10k down the beach on the 27th...folk that walk one side of the path while their dug as at the other, with the lead stretched across should legally be allowed to be kicked in the pie.

31 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Done 10k down the beach on the 27th...folk that walk one side of the path while their dug as at the other, with the lead stretched across should legally be allowed to be kicked in the pie.

Flexi leads in general are just shite. If you need your dog under control, get it on a proper lead. If not, let it off. 

flexi leads do nothing and just piss off everyone else. 

Flexi leads in general are just shite. If you need your dog under control, get it on a proper lead. If not, let it off. 
flexi leads do nothing and just piss off everyone else. 

I don’t blame the lead here - I’ve no dog so I’m not au fait with the different options - I firmly blame the moron who has yet to realise the lead is stretched across the path. Just stand close to your dog you thick c**t! (Not you, the folk at the beach the other day).

New Year, new trainers, new goals to spectacularly fail to reach. Turns out that I took part in 98 activities last year. Shooting for at least 125 this year.

Thats the first 5K of the year done with. Bit slippy.

New Year, new trainers, new goals to spectacularly fail to reach. Turns out that I took part in 98 activities last year. Shooting for at least 125 this year.
Thats the first 5K of the year done with. Bit slippy.

Whatever your time was today, try and beat it by a second tomorrow. Good luck mate

Also did 5k this morning. Fucked it a bit by failing to realize I didn't properly stop my tracking for almost a minute but f**k it, back down near 24 minutes or there abouts will check in a bit. Going to try hard to do something useful everyday whether a run, working a particular muscle or just reaching 10000 steps.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Whatever your time was today, try and beat it by a second tomorrow. Good luck mate

Shouldn’t be difficult, it was one of my slowest! 

21 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

14s slower! 😑

14s slower! 
That's fine, some days it just doesn't happen. At least you went out and tried which is the best thing.

Fucking hate January, all the folk with a resolution are out clogging the place up for the first few weeks until they lose interest.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
3 hours ago, mathematics said:
14s slower! emoji58.png

That's fine, some days it just doesn't happen. At least you went out and tried which is the best thing.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

It’s not perfect conditions mate.

Indeed, it’s just about completing the 5K without stopping these days.

Great start to the year , hamstring sore as hell 1 mile into a run, ended up plodding round just over 6k but its tight now.

1st 5K of the year done. Time not great but underfoot still slippy and footpath was full of dog walkers.

Going to purchase a pair of running shoes tonight. Where should I be buying? Who are the brands to avoid? etc. Would appreciate any recommendations.