P&b Running Club

It's not that I've not went without exercise in 3 months, I'm doing Sports Coaching at College so at the gym pretty much most weekdays, it's just that I haven't been out running for a wee while. Will gradually get back into the swing of things when the weather improves.

What College you at?

Another thing,when I go for a walk at the north inch I always get strange looks from people,normaly people with dogs,maybe it's because I am walking and I don't have a dog,it's very strange. :blink:

I'm thinking of doing a few (like 10) laps of the Inch on my bike some Saturday mornings when the weather is better. I hope the path round the Inch isn't covered in doggie's "business"?

I was out for a small run tonight, and I'm going to start doing it more regularly.

My question is this, where and for how much can you get a device measuring how many miles you run?

I expect a chap like Gaz to be able to provide an answer to my query. B)

:)

Indeed!

You can get a pedometer from most running shops, or if you wanted you could invest in a GPS watch.

I use a Nike+ pedometer, which consists of a wee chip in my shoe and a receiver that plugs into my iPod Nano, and it stores my run data and then uploads it to the Nike+ website. If you have an iPod Nano I would thoroughly recommend it!

Indeed!

You can get a pedometer from most running shops, or if you wanted you could invest in a GPS watch.

I use a Nike+ pedometer, which consists of a wee chip in my shoe and a receiver that plugs into my iPod Nano, and it stores my run data and then uploads it to the Nike+ website. If you have an iPod Nano I would thoroughly recommend it!

Thanks! Interesting stuff!

I just happen to have got an Ipod Nano for my birthday recently, and that sounds good. How does it work though (this chip and receiver etc)?

I'm not really looking for anything expensive, just something I can measure how far I'm running, and howlong it takes me each time.

I was out for a small run tonight, and I'm going to start doing it more regularly.

My question is this, where and for how much can you get a device measuring how many miles you run?

I expect a chap like Gaz to be able to provide an answer to my query. B)

I'd got for one that measure's meter's rather than miles in your case Shakey ;)

Thanks! Interesting stuff!

I just happen to have got an Ipod Nano for my birthday recently, and that sounds good. How does it work though (this chip and receiver etc)?

I'm not really looking for anything expensive, just something I can measure how far I'm running, and howlong it takes me each time.

I think it's £20 but you need to purchase something to put the sensor in if you don't have Nike+ trainers (they have a space in the sole). You buy various pouches that you can tie to your laces on Amazon and Play.

I'd say you could be recording your runs from as little as £27 up to as much as Nike+ trainers are (£70-£90 although there are always old models on sale in running shops).

I think it's £20 but you need to purchase something to put the sensor in if you don't have Nike+ trainers (they have a space in the sole). You buy various pouches that you can tie to your laces on Amazon and Play.

I'd say you could be recording your runs from as little as £27 up to as much as Nike+ trainers are (£70-£90 although there are always old models on sale in running shops).

Thanks.

How much is a standard mile-counter likely to set me back?

Not been out properly since the turn of the year, so I decided to go out again on Tuesday, and it showed. Gave up after 5k - it's amazing how shite you become when you stop for a few months :(

Yeah - it's incredible. I decided to let my regime slip in favour of more studying this year - and as a result I've went from being a box-to-box footballer, to being unable to last an hour of seven a side.

I would urge everyone to keep their exercise up - you just don't appreciate how fit you are until you have to try and get it back!

Round Strathclyde park again late this afternoon / early evening. Went really well. Had a cold for the last week and a half and was afraid the progress I was making would have fell away, but the time improved. :) Felt good.

I could actually feel the pace improved and the movement a lot better. :D Onwards and upwards.

Was out for a short run tonight, and I think gradually, my fitness is improving. :)

Again, anyone able to tell me where I am likely to get a basic, not too expensive, mile-counter from?

Next time you're along the Great Western Road, try Achilles Heel, it's near the Uni. Or there's Run 4 It on Bothwell Street ;)