P&b Running Club

Me and my gf are running the edinburgh roadblock 7k well i am runnin it with her at her pace but should be fun day out .nice easy pace tho but all for charity so why not ..

How did you get on? Had no idea this was happening until I ran through the park and saw a few bits and pieces!

Pretty good weekend for me, starting with an 18:54 & 3rd place at Portobello parkrun. Got that sub-19 at last and a first 'podium' to go with it! A fairly weak field helped.

19.5 miles done on Sunday, and now slowly easing off before Chester in 3 weeks. Feeling better than expected after missing a lot of running in July, so might well end up having a real go at it now.

How did you get on? Had no idea this was happening until I ran through the park and saw a few bits and pieces!

It was good quite fun just helping my girlfriend over the finish line . Dont no the time or tht tho .. But was good day nice n easy

Well done on your 5k a mite try one out one
Day..

Going to try and do more 10ks from now on thinking of doing two marathons next year the edinburgh one in may and helsinki one in august if a can get the time of work ..

Whats the lonest distance any use have ran anybody did any ultra marathons ?

Anyone else in Mussleburgh this Sunday for the half got any tips or hints for the run?

I'll be there, taking it pretty easy though.

How's your training been? It's really flat from memory, so main thing if you've a time in mind is stick to your pace early doors and feel free to push it a bit in the last 2/3 miles if the legs allow!

I'll be getting the normal Lothian buses in and out - the shuttle buses are a waste of money.

Anyone else doing the half marathon in Glasgow the start of October? 

My girlfriend, bless her, booked me in for it, but must think that she's going out with Mo Farah, as whatever estimated finish time she put down for me, I seem to have been assigned one of the white "fast runner" numbers. So if you see a guy wearing a fast number puffing and panting his way round the course, that'll probably be me. 

Anyone else doing the half marathon in Glasgow the start of October? 

My girlfriend, bless her, booked me in for it, but must think that she's going out with Mo Farah, as whatever estimated finish time she put down for me, I seem to have been assigned one of the white "fast runner" numbers. So if you see a guy wearing a fast number puffing and panting his way round the course, that'll probably be me. 

I have booked it but realised it was on my weekend in work so i dont no if i can get it off .

Havent really trained much to be honest but will get out running over the nxt few days and try get at 10 mile run nxt weekend.

Now u are in the starting pack u can win it lol .

Just now, theminsk said:

I have booked it but realised it was on my weekend in work so i dont no if i can get it off .

Havent really trained much to be honest but will get out running over the nxt few days and try get at 10 mile run nxt weekend.

Now u are in the starting pack u can win it lol .

That's a good point!

I ran it the year Haile Gebrselassie had to give up half way through due to "breathing problems". When anyone asked me how I got on, I didn't tell them a time and just told them I'd beaten him and left it at that. 

That's a good point!

I ran it the year Haile Gebrselassie had to give up half way through due to "breathing problems". When anyone asked me how I got on, I didn't tell them a time and just told them I'd beaten him and left it at that. 

A ran that aswell ... Its my claim to fame to lol.

I have been quite lazy past few week think most i have ran is 3 mile .. Been playin football
And keep making excuses but hopefully get out tonite for a few mile

Hows your training going

1 minute ago, theminsk said:

A ran that aswell ... Its my claim to fame to lol.

I have been quite lazy past few week think most i have ran is 3 mile .. Been playin football
And keep making excuses but hopefully get out tonite for a few mile

Hows your training going

Not great! I did my first marathon last month and somehow have got in my head that I never need to do any training ever again! In the last 4 weeks, I've done two and a half 5k's ... like you, I definitely need to do a longer run at the weekend!

Not great! I did my first marathon last month and somehow have got in my head that I never need to do any training ever again! In the last 4 weeks, I've done two and a half 5k's ... like you, I definitely need to do a longer run at the weekend!

How did it go ? Thts it its only 13 mile anyway should be a stroll. For us marathon runners lol

How was your first marathon . My first marathon was terrible i trained really good up
Until april then took 3 weeks off for no reason and couldnt get back to my fitness level and the marathon was brutal lol but my second shot at the marathon in edinburgh a did a lot a better i aimed to get under 4 hour and did tht so was happy.

But need to train harder to get a better time nxt year.

You sound about the same level as me. I did it in just under 4 hours although I definitely didn't do enough training (one 18 mile run and a couple of half marathons were my only proper runs). 

The first 15 miles or so were fine. At all the drinks stations, I barely slowed down - just grabbed the water and tried to drink it (and ended up pouring half of it down myself). But near the end, a soon as I saw the drink station in the distance, I started walking to it, selecting a drink, then not starting running again until I'd finished it. 

At the time, I swore blind I'd never do another one, but a couple of weeks later, I was already eyeing up new ones (someone on this thread posted a link to the midnight marathon in Norway which looks braw). 

You sound about the same level as me. I did it in just under 4 hours although I definitely didn't do enough training (one 18 mile run and a couple of half marathons were my only proper runs). 

The first 15 miles or so were fine. At all the drinks stations, I barely slowed down - just grabbed the water and tried to drink it (and ended up pouring half of it down myself). But near the end, a soon as I saw the drink station in the distance, I started walking to it, selecting a drink, then not starting running again until I'd finished it. 

At the time, I swore blind I'd never do another one, but a couple of weeks later, I was already eyeing up new ones (someone on this thread posted a link to the midnight marathon in Norway which looks braw). 

Aye a only did 18 mile run in training then got lazy for a bt after it living off my long run lol ... Feels good tellin people u just ran 18 in the streets lol ...

The norway one looks good am trying to get my gf to into running so i can book up for marathons abroad bcoz a would be goin on my own if a didnt but if thts the only option prob just go away myself .. Hoping to get to the helsinki marathon next august tho

Luckily my gf is probably more into running so getting her to sign up for these things is no problem, although she doesn't really like visiting the cold countries. Only problem with the Norway, Iceland and FInland marathons is it's quite expensive when you're out there. And they're not very hot either, which suits me down to the cold cold ground.