P&b Running Club

Cheers, ArabGaz. Good info.

I ran my quickest parkrun since February on Saturday, 19:25 or thereabouts. Felt like there was a bit more there, too. I'm on track for August to be my heaviest mileage to date; should end up around 230+km if I keep ticking along - at 180km just now.

Saw the medal on Facebook for the Stirling Marathon next May. It's a good deal better than the normal Great Run slabs of metal!

Did a 10k today in 45 minutes. Probably the longest distance I've ran since I was in a club aged about 11. Feel fine doing those distances and know I can knock a good bit off the time if I do it more regular but I get very bored running for too long!

Did a 10k today in 45 minutes. Probably the longest distance I've ran since I was in a club aged about 11. Feel fine doing those distances and know I can knock a good bit off the time if I do it more regular but I get very bored running for too long!

That's my big problem. Gave up on music a while back but will try again. Biggest problem was making up a playlist. I've got Spotify but yet to find a playlist on that. Getting too old....

That's my big problem. Gave up on music a while back but will try again. Biggest problem was making up a playlist. I've got Spotify but yet to find a playlist on that. Getting too old....

I can't run to music either. I found podcasts were good for filling the silence during my marathon training.

3 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I can't run to music either. I found podcasts were good for filling the silence during my marathon training.

Podcasts are what I listen to. Helps pass the time. Haven;t noticed an adverse effect on my running.

Havent posted for a while hadnt done any running since the mens 10k in glasgow because i fell down the stairs and hurt my ankle lol ..

But went out a nice and easy 3 mile today first run back was good run ankle felt goood aswell ..

Set myself a small goal of running at least 1 mile everyday till 30th September got a few friends doing it to , to see who will do the most days in a row

Was reading online about the guy who made facebook who did it for one full year but felt a would start with a month. Ano a mile aint much so should have no excuse squeeze it in every nite

Went out for my first run last night after getting back after holiday. Was just a 5k but wanted to start easy before I build it up again before the half marathon. The only problem today, is that I've woken up with really sore tops of my feet. I've never had this feeling before and was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what it could be? It's sore when I'm walking around at work, so hoping it isn't going to impact my running too much.

30 minutes ago, Rossi1990 said:

Went out for my first run last night after getting back after holiday. Was just a 5k but wanted to start easy before I build it up again before the half marathon. The only problem today, is that I've woken up with really sore tops of my feet. I've never had this feeling before and was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what it could be? It's sore when I'm walking around at work, so hoping it isn't going to impact my running too much.

I take it you mean the top surface of your feet as opposed to your toes :P

I had that problem a few months back. Doing this with the laces of my trainers seemed to sort it: http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/ladderlacing.htm The downside is you can't tie your trainers as tightly so they'll be a bit loose unless you wear thicker socks. The upside for me was a pair of trainers I'd bought online only to discover they were too small suddenly became ideal for running.

I've got the cold at the moment but hoping to do the Park Run and then a long run on Sunday this weekend.  I've got the Great Scottish Run in about five weeks to do and I've also been thinking about entering the New Years Day triathlon in Ediburgh  It's eight lengths of the Commonwealth Pool, followed by three laps of Arthurs Seat on the bike (15km) and then one running (5km).

I regularly run twice round Arthurs Seat for a training run and although I've not been swimming or cycling that much recently I think it seems doable.  Anyone done it and got feedback?

Trying the run a mile a day challenge to get my girlfriend out running and the miles 4 days in and there already been one domestic lol

I have mostly been doing 3 but tonite a ran with her so she could do 2 was lot slower than my usual but stuck with her even tho she moaned at me for the full
Two mile ..

Also going to sign up for the glasgow half marathon which was my first ever run back in 2014

Dumfries 10k for me on Sunday (thank god the forecast has improved). We ran the course on Monday and it's nice and flat, although it took me about 54 minutes which isn't great. Ran 7 miles in 57 minutes yesterday morning so if I can get under 50 minutes I'll be happy enough with that.

On 22/08/2016 at 15:27, serbo99 said:

I do listen to music while my runkeeper pipes in every five minutes to update me on my progress.  Might give audiobooks/podcasts a go.  Could work well

Race last weekend was a good one, where the sun came out just in time to make it that little bit harder. Challenge was to run as many times round the track in 33:20 - managed to get just over 8.3km which was good enough for 2nd place! (Definitely nowhere near winning though, he was off after one lap and lapped me just after halfway).

20 mile run planned in for Sunday - only 2 miles longer than previous longest run but somehow sounds a lot more!

I've also been thinking about entering the New Years Day triathlon in Ediburgh  It's eight lengths of the Commonwealth Pool, followed by three laps of Arthurs Seat on the bike (15km) and then one running (5km).

I regularly run twice round Arthurs Seat for a training run and although I've not been swimming or cycling that much recently I think it seems doable.  Anyone done it and got feedback?

This will be fairly unhelpful, but I signed up for it last year only to be struck down with the flu when it came round, so didn't do it. I think it's doable. It's the swim that panicked me, but 800m isn't that far and I seem to remember you were swimming twice that last year.

Pacing the cycle will be worth a practice - a few of us went round Arthurs Seat the required 3 times twice without killing ourselves, but that was in isolation...

I know a couple of guys who have done it and loved it.

Day 5 complete for the mile a day challenge and went to a fitness class an fbx class with my girlfriend and went in over confident lol and she out lasted me my pride has been damaged lol

But been enjoyin the mile a day challenge , its something different had never actually ran just one mile
Before usually lowest would do is 3 but its good and has got me back out running .

Thinking of going to do the Barcelona marathon on march 12th with my friend depending if i can get it off work if a can still register.

Have any use ran marathons abroad before i have done a half marathon in helsinki last year

Happy & frustrated with this morning's parkrun. Went to Strathclyde for the first time (County playing Hamilton shortly), and it's as flat as Cramond and a nice day for it. Went for it from the start, crossed the line with my watch at 18:59:95...official result 19:01. Drat! A parkrun PB, but the sub 19 will have to wait.

Good luck to Stu in Dumfries, and true_rover with that 20 miler!

Sare yin Morrison. You'll get it next time.

Was a lovely day up here too, did Hazelhead as part of the 20 mile LSR, was really struggling by mile 18, hoping another one or possibly two around the same distance will work. Cycling 1000ft up the Cairn O Mount yesterday may not have helped, mind....

Parkrun runners in Perth need to realise they're not running on a closed road-I took a detour to add some distance this morning and inadvertently came across the parkrun coming the opposite way at the top of the north inch. Got bodied by someone who wasn't looking where they were going as I tried to pass virtually up against a wall on a relatively wide piece of Tarmac.

7 miles in 1:03 for me today which puts me on pace for sub 2 hours at the Glasgow HM if I can keep it up over the distance.