P&b Running Club

Anyone else doing Stirling tomorrow?

I've entered but have now had to pull out as my son has a football coaching thing he has to be at in Kilwinning.

Given my number to one of my training mates. He actually beat me at the Dumbarton 10k by 1 sec in a sprint finish. He's not done as much training as me recently for various reasons but I'm still expecting him to go sub 37.

Met Garrowhill at the Cumbernauld 10k :lol: Sadly his time wasnt what he hoped for :(

Dammit, I was hoping to slink silently away from this.

Dont really know what happened today - absolutely shocking time, in fact my running partner totally left me standing today and she (yes, she <_< ) set a pb.

Dissapointed to say the least :(

Really need to sort my training out. Been doing lots of quite long slogs rather than setting a pace and it really showed today. Still, the only way is up. Any other coming up in the next few weeks. Got my eye on the Strathcarron one.

Did anyone do the first monster in Inverness this weekend?

It was great banter, but much harder than I'd imagined, some horrendous hills on the course. Our team came 70th after very little training which I reckon was an excellent result for us. Some of times the elite folk were posting were just mind boggling though! Liz McColgan ran my leg nearly 30 minutes faster than I did :wacko:

Trying to decide whether to keep up my fitness efforts or go buy a 20 deck :)

Edited by mic_17_uk

The cumbernauld results are up

http://www.winningtimeuk.com/index.php?page=results

Was just under the 47 minute mark - a minute and half off my PB set a mere 3 weeks ago. I am not too disappointed as I had a cold all last week and didnt train at all last week. Was hoping to go under 50 minutes.

I did get a horrible stitch at 6k and had to slow down to walk for about a minute and thought I was going to vomit at 8k. I did notice that there were a few spots of puke just before you turned back down towards the stadium.

Edited by diamonds2002

First session at bootcamp is over.

Fitness test stats as follows.

Situps in one minute - 40

Pressups in one minute - 25

Squats in one minute - 30

One mile run - 10 minutes

Core Stability I think it was called - 1 minute

Slightly disappointed in the pressups, the mile run I had to stop and check on my brother after the 3rd lap as he was spewing so would probably have been a minute quicker.

All of this in 90 degree heat and 85% humidity so shouldn't complain too much.

11 sessions to go.

Anbody got a link for the best place to see a list of upcoming events? Been running regularly (3-4 times a week, 20-25miles) but haven't as yet taken part in an organised race, ideally I'd like to do a couple of 10ks building up to a half marathon some time next year.

Anbody got a link for the best place to see a list of upcoming events? Been running regularly (3-4 times a week, 20-25miles) but haven't as yet taken part in an organised race, ideally I'd like to do a couple of 10ks building up to a half marathon some time next year.

Clicky