P&b Running Club

Thats just under the 12 miles mark - good work

11.1 miles I make it - 3.7 miles each time around (going by the path at the east side of the loch rather than the road on the east side which would probabably be a bit longer).

It wasnt too bad today but a bit odd not to be running against the clock to pace myself. I'll need to go get another cheap didgi watch.

Thats me till sunday (which means I can have drinkies tonight - yay! :D ). I'm doing the Cumbernauld 10K next week, so will do a 10K this Sunday to see how it goes time wise.

11.1 miles I make it - 3.7 miles each time around (going by the path at the east side of the loch rather than the road on the east side which would probabably be a bit longer).

It wasnt too bad today but a bit odd not to be running against the clock to pace myself. I'll need to go get another cheap didgi watch.

Thats me till sunday (which means I can have drinkies tonight - yay! :D ). I'm doing the Cumbernauld 10K next week, so will do a 10K this Sunday to see how it goes time wise.

Good luck with it.

My fastest 10k time has come down to 52 minutes 41 seconds, and that's on a hilly route. I have the Stirling 10K next weekend so there's an outside chance I could break 50 minutes as it's supposedly quite a fast, flat course. Would be delighted with that (but then I'd be delighted with anything under 55 minutes).

Just back from a 21.67 kilometres run (13.46 miles). Did it in 2:08:28 which would work at just under 6 minutes a kilometre. Delighted with that - legs don't even feel particularly sore!

I went for a couple of runs last week for the first time in a long time. In tandem with giving up booze for the next few months and starting playing fives (Edinburgh based P&B-ers, Meadowbank 6pm this thursday) I thought I'd give it a shot.

I haven't run very far but the next day I felt pretty good and fresh. I have given up smoking along with the drink (only time I really smoked in the past few months was when I was drinking or in the pub) so expect to be a bit wheezy for awhile. Bad news is that I have picked up a cold (perhaps related to last weeks fives being played in the pissing rain) so haven't been out this week.

I checked out my distances on the treadmill earlier, I'm averaging 3km in 21 minutes with my mixture of brisk walk and almost flat out.

I'll try out the Captains suggestion tomorrow.

:P

I'm not very fit but I'm working hard to get there.

Keep up the good work. ;)

These are my splits from this morning's Half Marathon in mins per mile. I initially went out to try and get sub 1:20 but changed my mind after the 4th mile. :lol::ph34r:

1. 6.02

2. 5.55

3. 5.58

4. 6.00

5. 6.20

6. 6.14

7. 6.11

8. 6.20

9. 6.24

10. 6.29

11. 6.29

12. 6.04

13. 6.20

Last 0.25 miles. 5.17 pace

My watch read 13.25 which is obviously too long, but Garmin's can be a tad inaccurate in built up areas.

Average pace overall was 6.12. Needed 6.05s to get sub 1:20 but decided to back off after the 4th mile and just make sure I was under 1:23. Final time was 1:22:04 - or thereabouts. Very hard work. :)

Edited by Captain_Sensible

I am supposed to be running this 10k on sunday but have had a cold all week so I am not expecting that great a time. Havent been out all week trying to shake it.

I am looking forward to my crystal cube and t-shirt :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of taking up road running to try and get fit, but I frequently get stiff and sore kneews, i think its mainly from playing football on astroturf. can anyone recommend running shoes that will give me extra cushioning to help prevent this a bit?

I'm thinking of taking up road running to try and get fit, but I frequently get stiff and sore kneews, i think its mainly from playing football on astroturf. can anyone recommend running shoes that will give me extra cushioning to help prevent this a bit?

Better off going to a proper running shop and they will measure your feet and sort you with a pair that are appropriate for your running style. Needn't cost a fortune though as they will often have last season's styles etc. that they sell for cheaper. Mine cost me £70 or something like that.

Better off going to a proper running shop and they will measure your feet and sort you with a pair that are appropriate for your running style. Needn't cost a fortune though as they will often have last season's styles etc. that they sell for cheaper. Mine cost me £70 or something like that.

when you get fitted the first time it is then easy to search the internet and find the same pair cheaper from then on

Cool, in which case, what running shops? are greaves any good for this stuff? I take it sports soccer aren't market leaders :P

Cool, in which case, what running shops? are greaves any good for this stuff? I take it sports soccer aren't market leaders :P

I don't really know any running shops in Glasgow. Captain Sensible's probably the man to ask.