P&b Running Club

Good stuff though :)

I'm planning on doing a 16k route over the weekend (possibly even tonight). Instead of going from Brightons to Redding and then home, as I do on my normal 10k route, I'm going to go up to Shieldhill from the Borstal and then down through Glen Village and Hallglen.

Gonna be blowing out my a*se heading up to Shieldhill likes :lol:

Will be happy if I do it in under 2 hours. On Sunday I'm going to tank it along the canal for as far as I can.

I tried the road up to Sheildhill before...turned round after 3 mins :lol: It;s too long a hill IMO. I prefer tackling steeper but much shorter hills.

It's the canal for me on Sunday too. 10K as fast as I can.

I tried the road up to Sheildhill before...turned round after 3 mins :lol: It;s too long a hill IMO. I prefer tackling steeper but much shorter hills.

It's the canal for me on Sunday too. 10K as fast as I can.

My mate stays in Shieldhill so I've told her to look out for me with a big bottle of water. The chances of me making it up are very slim indeed :ph34r:

I am driving from Southend in Argyll for the Paisley 10k tomorrow...a long way but it is always worth it!

I have not been able to train properly for this one with farming work, floods and football injuries causing problems at every turn, so I am nothing like at my sub 40mins best but will enjoy it just the same whether I do 42, 43, 44 or 50 mins....

I'll get trained up right for next year!

Hope to see some of you there....I should have a FARMER JOHN Black and White Army name patch on my vest. Please make yourself known to me....I might be with NSS!

Official results just in. Finished in 17th position by chip time out of 622 finishers in 35:15.

Finished a second ahead of Bryan Burnett. He passed me with about a mile and a half to go but I chased him down the High Street :lol: and almost caught him at the death. Good to see that I beat him on the chip time though.

Just back from the Paisley 10k where I posted a new PB of 35:14. Well pleased with that.

My 9 year old son posted a time of 13:25 in the 3k - that's about 7.25 min/miles. Very happy with that also.

That's fucking great.

Hats off to you sir.

To continue boring you all, here are my 6 mile splits in minutes:

1. 5:24

2. 5:56

3. 5:59

4. 6:04

5. 5:55

6. 5:42

Plan was to go out aggresively for the first mile... and probably over cooked it a bit! Still, managed to get close to 5:57 min miles for the next 4 which was my aim.

Nah. Ya fucked it on mile 4.

Which is incidently still 22 seconds faster than I've ever ran a mile :lol:

To continue boring you all, here are my 6 mile splits in minutes:

1. 5:24

2. 5:56

3. 5:59

4. 6:04

5. 5:55

6. 5:42

Plan was to go out aggresively for the first mile... and probably over cooked it a bit! Still, managed to get close to 5:57 min miles for the next 4 which was my aim.

Gary Blues, I saw and heard! all the K markers but NONE of the miles. Where were they or just your Paisley local knowledge?

Well done anyway...powerful running and glad you beat Bryan Burnett....serves him right for that Summer of Song prog he had a couple of years ago! I do like him usually though!

We were just talking afterwards about how the timing chip system could have someone with a slower time beat another over the line....and there it happened yesterday.

Edited by Farmer John

Just started running recently. What's the best way of going about it? My runs at the moment are very disorganised. How many runs a week etc?

The usual run i go on is from Brightons to linlithgow via the canal route and back again. I'm quite fit to be honest but i couldn't move my body the next day. Also run round the braes area but find it relatively hard due to the hills.

Just started running recently. What's the best way of going about it? My runs at the moment are very disorganised. How many runs a week etc?

The usual run i go on is from Brightons to linlithgow via the canal route and back again. I'm quite fit to be honest but i couldn't move my body the next day. Also run round the braes area but find it relatively hard due to the hills.

I usually try to go out between three and five runs a week. I usually run in the late evening (went out at half nine last night), as that way it doesn't really interfere with anything else that would make me likely to put it off.

Just do what your body feels comfortable with. Typical stretches, like what you would do before and after a game of fitba, help loosen up your muscles and help to prevent cramp and severe stiffness.

The Braes are difficult to run in, I do a lot of running up there, but they work wonders in building up your tolerance of hills, stamina and leg muscles. You need to keep at it though as if you even have a break for a week or two it can really affect your fitness.

I usually try to go out between three and five runs a week. I usually run in the late evening (went out at half nine last night), as that way it doesn't really interfere with anything else that would make me likely to put it off.

Just do what your body feels comfortable with. Typical stretches, like what you would do before and after a game of fitba, help loosen up your muscles and help to prevent cramp and severe stiffness.

The Braes are difficult to run in, I do a lot of running up there, but they work wonders in building up your tolerance of hills, stamina and leg muscles. You need to keep at it though as if you even have a break for a week or two it can really affect your fitness.

Cheers for the help. Also, do running trainers make a big of difference? (Stupid question, I know.) I'm guessing they will just help with comfort. I've just been using astro trainers at the moment so was considering purchasing a decent pair. Yeah the braes is a kent! By the time I hit Slamannan I instantly regret the run :lol: