P&b Running Club

For the last three weeks I have attended the Nike+ Run Club in Buchanan Street in Glasgow. I seriously recommend joining for everyone in this thread who lives locally.

Sessions are every Thursday night at 6.30pm for about an hour and they are totally free. There are normally three different sessions on the go - some kind of sprint training, a 5k and one other. There are runners at every ability level - so no need to be worried if you think you will be too slow. It is a great group if guys and gals and we all support each other.

Not only that, but you get free water/coconut water at the end of each run and sometimes grub as well. Finally if you attend ten run clubs then you get a free Nike+ Run Club wicking T-shirt!

If anyone wants more info then search for Nike+ Glasgow on Facebook! Or ask on this thread.

Sounds great... just the thing I need in preparation for my half marathon. I'll pop along on Thursday.

Stupid question first though. Is it done indoors or outdoors?

For the last three weeks I have attended the Nike+ Run Club in Buchanan Street in Glasgow. I seriously recommend joining for everyone in this thread who lives locally.

Sessions are every Thursday night at 6.30pm for about an hour and they are totally free. There are normally three different sessions on the go - some kind of sprint training, a 5k and one other. There are runners at every ability level - so no need to be worried if you think you will be too slow. It is a great group if guys and gals and we all support each other.

Not only that, but you get free water/coconut water at the end of each run and sometimes grub as well. Finally if you attend ten run clubs then you get a free Nike+ Run Club wicking T-shirt!

If anyone wants more info then search for Nike+ Glasgow on Facebook! Or ask on this thread.

Mate of mine been part of that for, must be, nearly 2 years. he's even had a trip to the nike headquarters in the states, got to spend a couple of days training on their track etc.

10k incl workout last night.....will do the same tonight at 8pm.

btw - ment ask ages ago.....wtf is all these blue EMF t-shirts that every runner seems to be wearing these days? Feel like I'm left out!

Unbelievable.

Sounds great... just the thing I need in preparation for my half marathon. I'll pop along on Thursday.

Stupid question first though. Is it done indoors or outdoors?

Outdoors. The sprint training is normally at either Bells Bridge (circa 2.5km jog each way) or at the City Centre bridges.

Mate of mine been part of that for, must be, nearly 2 years. he's even had a trip to the nike headquarters in the states, got to spend a couple of days training on their track etc.

Unbelievable.

Why unbelievable? :huh:

Cheers mate. What sort of price you looking at? Value for money?

You can get a manufacturers refurbished one from itstor on eBay for £20. I got mine from there and it arrived in perfect condition.

Edited to add - Very good vfm imo.

Edited by BishyTON

You can get a manufacturers refurbished one from itstor on eBay for £20. I got mine from there and it arrived in perfect condition.

Edited to add - Very good vfm imo.

Thanks mate :)

New 5k pb for me this morning at Victoria parkrun. Finished in 10th in a strong field in 17 mins 52 secs. There is an error in the results right now as I am showing as 9th in 17 mins 50 secs. Someone has been missed out of the results and it is in the process of being corrected.

Took myself to the top of Ben Bhraggie today and back down longer route. 3k up and 5,5 back down with climb of 350mtrs. 80mins. Never gonna be a hill runner! Plus stopped to take pics going up!