P&b Running Club

Yeah easily doable. Try increasing your distance by a km every week or so and you will be absolutely fine.

Is it wise to get up to 10k a few weeks before the race then and work on something else/go further in the couple of weeks before? I've never done a race of any description before, so really no idea what is best.

Did three 10k runs this week......difficult to gauge the times as I do a workout at the outdoor gym at Wester Hailes.

Have given up crisps for the last 2.5 months and swapped beer for gin & slimline bitter lemon......that stubborn last half stone is finally shifting! :D

Took part in the fun Run 4 Health 5k in Dumfries yesterday, first time ever doing any kind of running event. Don't ever really run distances usually HIIT etc.

Was quite hilly I thought, and I managed it in 22.35, happy with that as I have never really practiced for distance. I think I could easily get into this running carry on, aiming for less than 20minutes next year......

Took part in the fun Run 4 Health 5k in Dumfries yesterday, first time ever doing any kind of running event. Don't ever really run distances usually HIIT etc.

Was quite hilly I thought, and I managed it in 22.35, happy with that as I have never really practiced for distance. I think I could easily get into this running carry on, aiming for less than 20minutes next year......

Well done mate - that is a great time for a first 5k.

Well done mate - that is a great time for a first 5k.

Was maybe a bit misleading saying it was my first 5k, as I probably regularly run further just over a longer period with different kinds of movement. First time running 5k at a constant pace without a stop for a wee chat.

anyone know of any decent running shops in falkirk/stirling area?

Broke my foot in 4 places and im severely flat footed so need some help getting right shoes :(

Ouch mate - sounds really sore. Run 4 It is good - but the nearest ones to you are in Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Greenock Parkrun for me this morning. Finished 6th in a very strong field in 18 mins 6 secs. Disappointing time as it is my slowest around there, but it was pretty windy and was shattered after getting back from down south at about 1am last night. Fun run regardless.

• 2 weeks later...

4 miles this morning, the first 3 progressively faster and a final mile to warm down. It was one of those runs where everything just clicks and feels right. Slowly getting my mojo back, which is a good thing really as there's only 7 and a bit weeks until Great North Run...

Not been out for the last fortnight, due to moving house and spending a week back in Scotland. Had a wee bit of a hip/leg niggle which I'm hoping has cleared up. Spent most of last week bevvying so I expect a tough few runs before getting back into the swing of it.

Apologies for going slightly off topic but I've noticed a big difference after 5-6 years of "hitting a wall" with regards to weight loss and body toning after giving up crisps and beer for the last 3 months.

My diet and portion control was always good and if anything I did more running previously but my stomach has really tightened up and is looking more defined :)

Am only managing my 10k run combined with press ups, tricep dips, shoulder press, pull ups & sit ups (5no sets of 10no reps) twice a week at present as opposed to previously doing this 5-6 times a week.........have noticed the running slightly easier with the weight loss/body tightening.

Good times :D

Making my parkrun debut this weekend. First time participating in an organised run of any sort.

32.07 on the watch, although it measured it 30m short of 5k. Will be interesting to see the official time.

Got round without walking at all, which is a first, and was my main objective.

32.07 on the watch, although it measured it 30m short of 5k. Will be interesting to see the official time.

Got round without walking at all, which is a first, and was my main objective.

Well done! :-)

Finished 3rd at Pollok Park this morning in around 18 mins 13 secs. Happy with the position, but not so much time. Was hoping for a pb, but missed that by around 10 secs (18 mins 2 secs). Being isolated on my own most of the way didn't help - always find my best times are when I have someone to tag onto!