P&b Running Club

Another 9km last night, 1 minute faster than the previous run. Felt very comfortable. Going to add a bit of hill work in and take the route up to around 12km, and stick at that for a few weeks.

Decided to take the same route again last night as it was absolutely roasting. Took about 2 minutes longer, but I got stopped at a level crossing for around 2 minutes, so can't really say how quick I really was.

Will add the extra bit on when I go out tomorrow or Sunday morning...

Volunteering at Tollcross Park tomorrow morning ahead of Vale of Leven (Balloch) 10k on Sunday. Not expecting a really fast time on Sunday due to large amount of climb at the start, but you never know!

Did the parkrun last saturday in 19:46.

On Monday did Long Jump 4:25, Triple Jump 9:28 and 200m in 30.8

Yesterday I did a bad 400m hurdles in 80.7. Disappointed with my technique. did 9:50m in triple jump. then 12:55 for the steeplechase.

First Aid in sport course today.

Marathon training now kicking in. Ran 31kms at a slow pace on an undulating route yesterday in the sun. Was a slow 3 hours, but good to get the distance in and also run just over 3 hours for the first time ever.

My legs are dead today. I also am gaining a new found respect for anyone that completed a marathon!

Some of you guys are serious runners! Fair play....some great times :)

I'm 38yo and just run to keep fit & the weight off.......10k in 45mins is my usual time. Not sure I could bring that down tbh.

Vale of Leven 10k this morning. Finished in 42nd place (out of 786) in 37 mins 19 secs (chip time - gun time was 37 mins 21 secs). Only 3rd fastest time of the series for me, but still happy as it was the toughest course and pretty hot. Bring on the MHFS 10k next Sunday!

I'm 38yo and just run to keep fit & the weight off.......10k in 45mins is my usual time. Not sure I could bring that down tbh.

Not being funny but that's a very respectable 10k time. I'd be delighted to run that fast even once. Unfortunately my age and lack of self discipline when it comes to food mean that kind of time is pretty much the peak of what I think I could ever achieve. Main thing is whatever level your at just to enjoy the challenge. The great thing about running is that it's mainly a competition against yourself and your own targets.

Not being funny but that's a very respectable 10k time. I'd be delighted to run that fast even once. Unfortunately my age and lack of self discipline when it comes to food mean that kind of time is pretty much the peak of what I think I could ever achieve. Main thing is whatever level your at just to enjoy the challenge. The great thing about running is that it's mainly a competition against yourself and your own targets.

100% correct.

Oh...I totally agree. It's just strange as I was always athletic when I was younger whether it be football or whatever.....so what came naturally back then is much more of a challenge these days!

I do enjoy it though :)

100% correct.

my current target is to run 10k in the same amount of minutes as I am years old - 48 yo so 48:something will do me. Mt PB is 48:29, but that was a couple of years ago in the GSR. If I don't achieve it by the time I hit 49, then hey-ho, I'll try to do it in 49:odd.

Some (many?) others here can do it much faster, but so what? They're better athletes who no doubt work to their own targets. I could be sitting on the couch eating biscuits and getting middle age spread, at least I'm out doing my self good and setting a good example to my kids.

Went out on Saturday morning, was already around 25c not long after 10am when I started. managed 7km in 39 minutes before calling it quits. The heat absolutely killed me. Legs were like lead the rest of the day, and most of yesterday.

Hoping that when I get home from work it is a little cooler. Expecting the temperature to be up as high as 34c this afternoon, so it's unlikely. I'll see how it feels around 7pm and will hopefully get out again.

After a few set backs I have maanged out for my first run in ages. Just a 5k this morning and I wont get out again until the end of the week but really glad to get out. Hopefully this is the start of the long road back to the GSR in October.

Planning the Paisley 10k at end August. It's flat route and a lot of my training route covers it. I'd hoped to do the gsr half marathon at start oct but I can't see that happening now as it's going to take at least 8-12 weeks to get my iron up and back to some level of fitness so I'll just do the 10k instead.

Did Greenock Parkrun on Saturday in 20.23. Started ok but faded quite badly in the last mile or so - especially into the wind. Still building up again after a layoff so hopefully the speed endurance will come. Probably shouldn't drink the night before either :)

Planning the Paisley 10k at end August. It's flat route and a lot of my training route covers it. I'd hoped to do the gsr half marathon at start oct but I can't see that happening now as it's going to take at least 8-12 weeks to get my iron up and back to some level of fitness so I'll just do the 10k instead.

Yeah I am looking forward to Paisley 10k - it is one of my favourites as it is close to home and the first race I ever did!

Is 2 and a half months enough to train for a 10k from pretty much scratch? Considering entering the Perth 10k on 31st August.

Depends upon your starting fitness.....do you do any other sports? You'll be fine though.....there's no time limit & I was really shocked at the amount of people that stop to walk in places on the Edinburgh 5k a few years back!

Depends upon your starting fitness.....do you do any other sports? You'll be fine though.....there's no time limit & I was really shocked at the amount of people that stop to walk in places on the Edinburgh 5k a few years back!

I referee football but my fitness is pretty poor. I'm in 2 minds.