P&b Running Club

Happening guys and gals,

Need a decent pair of walking/runnings shoes but as cheap as posisble.

Doing a walk to Glasgow from the Falkirk Wheel in the summer and my current ones wont do the job.

Cheers.

If you ate going to run seriously then go pay a bit more for trainers. Best going somewhere like run 4 it to get them fitted.

If you ate going to run seriously then go pay a bit more for trainers. Best going somewhere like run 4 it to get them fitted.

Not going to run just yet, going to walk Falkirk to Glasgow over the summer.

Starting off with Falkirk - Kirkintilloch first ( 15 odd miles at least) Then next walk to Glasgow ( 20+ mile)

Running aint a option at the moment until i get my foot sorted but walking is no bother.

I use Nike Dart 10s instead of everyday trainers. They are cheapish running shoes, but are great for walking as they are available in full leather (i.e. no mesh). You can get them for £38 at Sport Direct.

Congrats to all the Edinburgh runners - whatever distance you covered :)

Any idea how much the early bird offer is for next year? I've forgotten my log-in details. I need a back up plan should the London ballot come up blank again.

Seem to be carrying a bit of an injury but I can't quite work out where. I'm guessing it might be a hip issue as it seems to shift from my groin/hamstring/quads without giving serious pain in any of them but being slightly annoying for the fact that I can't really work out what is sore. Will spend a bit more time on stretching for my next few runs and see how it goes.

Congrats to all the Edinburgh runners - whatever distance you covered :) Any idea how much the early bird offer is for next year? I've forgotten my log-in details. I need a back up plan should the London ballot come up blank again.

£52 for the marathon I think.

Have you done a fair bit of mileage in the trainers you use Ross? Sometimes the niggles creep in if they are on the way out

Was thinking that might also be a cause. Probably due a new pair.

Done some core work last night. Was doing some leg raises and felt something pop in the area that has been niggling me. Was a fairly loud pop at that. What's worrying is that everything now feels absolutely fine.

The gutties are back out the cupboard.

I've not ran since 2012 but a speculative entry in the black rock has has got me in.

Very much doubt I'll get anywhere near my 2012 time but I've been out the last three mornings and it's been good.

May even book in a half for later in the year.

Out last night. Slowed it down a bit but added some distance. 9km in 48:30ish. Felt I could have gone quite a bit further but was practically at my front door at that point so left it just in case. Hip/Groin/Hamstring/Quad feels a wee bit sore but nothing beyond the usual aches and pains. Think I'll have a quiet Saturday night and see if I can manage to add 4 or 5km onto the route I took when I go out again on Sunday morning. Was talking to one of the guys who works in another department here and he mentioned that a few of the guys in his team are planning on doing the Luzern half marathon later this year, which I was planning on as well, but knowing I'll have competition in work has worked wonders for my motivation, as I had recently been feeling a bit "Can't be fucked" when trying to get out.

Was really disappointed in the route especially when it finally got into Musselburgh, got a bit bored running along that round only to turn back the way you came,

Also, what was with the walk to the buses? 5k in itself!! Was the last thing I needed after the race

On the plus side the yoghurty almond biscuits in the freebie bag was magic

I don't get the appeal of the EMF races at all, the route's quick but really dull. Did the half (my first) in 2012 and that was enough. I just got on the 26 from Pinkie Road back into town, much easier than the buses they put on.

Anyway, was out for 16.5k last night, with the middle 13k at my intended pace for next weekend's half. Felt okay, should be able to PB I think. I'm hoping for sub 1:33 but that'll be touch and go. Parkrun tomorrow's next on the agenda.

Brilliant running again Bishy, that's huge!

Out yesterday morning, done the same route as I done the other night, took 4 seconds longer. Will repeat it another couple of times and then add another 3 or 4km on. Will start working on speeding it up a bit when I can comfortably manage 15 or 16km again.

Another 9km last night, 1 minute faster than the previous run. Felt very comfortable. Going to add a bit of hill work in and take the route up to around 12km, and stick at that for a few weeks.

Totally agree with the gripes regarding the EMF. The last involvement I had was as part of a relay team. I was first leg and couldn't meet up with the other 3 guys until back in Castle Terrace carpark at teatime. It sounds like the organisation is still shambolic.

I think there would be a great appetite for a 10K/Half in the Falkirk area that took in the Helix/Kelpies. It could start in the Cally Park and finish in the stadium. It would also be fast as f**k if it started in town and ended up down at the stadium.

Benched again. Nearly passed out yesterday and my 5k times were getting slower. Had bloods done last wk as a check up and turns out I'm pretty aneamic. Full week off and then see how I go.