P&b Running Club

It has been a big running week for me this week. Managed to take a further 58 seconds off my 10k pb at Clydebank and finished in 55th place in 37 minutes 3 seconds(albeit in great conditions - might be sometime before I beat that one). Then this morning I ran my 100th Parkrun at Greenock Parkrun and did my 3rd fastest 5k (18 mins 3 secs - 4 secs outside pb) with tired legs into a strong breeze. Hope this form continues at Dumbarton on Thursday!

Edited by BishyTON

Emf 10k for me this morning. First time I've raced that distance. Watch timed me pretty much bang on 47 minutes. Was targeting anything under 48.

ETA provisional time 47:02

Edited by ark loyal

Good times! All the best to those running the Edinburgh half and full marathon tomorrow. I'm in for the half, targeting anything under 1:48 which I did at the Angus half last month. Carrying a weird foot injury so might depend on that and whether the stupidly early start (up at 5.30 to get through) has an effect.

Some c**t done Falkirk parkrun in 15:42 today that is fucking sick considering some heavy hills in the route.

26.13 was a new PB for me really need to cut out the fags to take more off that me thinks.

Good luck anyone else doing either the half or full at Edinburgh today. Half for me (hence the stupidly early time on a Sunday). The bus is full of runners!

1hr 32 mins 11 seconds - absolutely delighted. Horrible conditions for the first 6/7 miles but great crowd on the course, fair play to them in that weather!

1:46:02 for me which I'm delighted with as well. I started from the portaloo which wasn't the plan, but it did mean by the time I got finished there was an empty road to run down for the start!

Great encouragement on route, especially the couple with some huge PA system in their garden pumping out Queens greatest hits as I ran past.

Didn't notice the rain and wind after the first 5km but the marathon wouldn't have been fun in that downpour later on.

Dundee half next and looking to go 1:45 or better.

Well done with the half marathons lads!

Great encouragement on route, especially the couple with some huge PA system in their garden pumping out Queens greatest hits as I ran past.

Didn't notice the rain and wind after the first 5km but the marathon wouldn't have been fun in that downpour later on.

Unfortunately I don't think it was Queens greatest hits all of the time, if it was the same as the one I passed it was McFly playing as I ran by, not quite the same! Managed to finish not long before the downpour during the marathon, although I was out supporting when came, which was probably worse (big thanks to the lassie that let me borrow her spare umbrella).

Finished in 3:20:45, just shy of a PB, but I wasn't really aiming for anything time wise. Struggled with the last 6 miles, which was understandable considering my recent training had been almost non-existent (mainly a few short runs), I was probably looking at 3:13ish if I managed maintain what was a fairly consistent pace up until then.

I've already entered the Loch Ness Marathon in September, I'm finding training properly for them and doing myself justice in them a bit too demanding with my current work/life/illness situations, so I'll need to make a decision if I really want to give that a real go or not.

Happening guys and gals,

Need a decent pair of walking/runnings shoes but as cheap as posisble.

Doing a walk to Glasgow from the Falkirk Wheel in the summer and my current ones wont do the job.

Cheers.