P&b Running Club

Took part in the trial run for the Tollcross parkrun that is one tough course with ten hills and little flat beats Falkirk as the toughest parkrun I've done. First time I've been out running since the Grangemouth 10km.

First Tollcross parkrun on 4th May so will be doing some hill runs before then.

What other parkruns have you done Jack? How does your time today compare with your times at the other ones you've done?

I ran Eglinton parkrun today. It's a nice course but I don't think it's a fast one.

Finished week one of c25k last night, so week 2 starts tomorrow morning. Felt strong yesterday so bring it on... Going to sign up for a couple of summer 5k races to keep me motivated.

I've been going at the C25K on and off for a few weeks now. I've finally finished week 3 (weather and stuff had got in the way, but have joined a gym now), and about to start week 4. After a couple of weeks you'll be amazed at your progress. Keep it up :)

Decided to volunteer for the EMF events on the Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th May. Hadn't realised they paid you for the privilege, so that's an added bonus. Had considered running the 10k on the Saturday but not for £30.

20.88km in 1:50:00 this morning, along the canal from Linlithgow to Ratho. Actually quite enjoyed it. Feeling quite optimistic about the HM now, 1:50:00 was my goal - under race conditions I should be able to manage that.

Startedback last wednesday after a couple months off. Everytime I do this I forget how hard it is to get back into it and how much fitness you lose in such a short space of time.

5k on Wed

4x400m intervals on Thurs followed by core exercises (was very close to being sick)

5k on Fri

Weekend rested

5.5k this morning - felt alot better than the runs last week.

Planning some intervals or hills depending on the weather tomorrow morning

Can only suggest the garmins as thats what I use. Great bit of kit. Think I have the 410. Small USB plugs into the laptop and when it's in range of the watch it downloads all the info you could ever need. There is also a heart rate monitor that straps to your chest but iv never used it. Some folk I know use phone apps like run keeper but obviously you need the smart phone and data signal/GPS for it to work.<br />

Young_bairn, I am going to buy a Garmin GPS and had been looking at the 410. The only thing that has put me off is I hear alot of bad reports about the bezel. The watch is now down to £132 on amazon and the features for that price look excellent. Have you had any problems?

Startedback last wednesday after a couple months off. Everytime I do this I forget how hard it is to get back into it and how much fitness you lose in such a short space of time.

Absolutely hate it. I seem to lack the ability to run much slower when restarting and keep to the pace I was at before when fitness levels were much higher, it means having to stop a few times though. Legs are constantly sore at the moment, and become stiff after sitting for awhile, despite doing a lot of stretching before and after my runs.

I’ve done a few 10k-ish runs in the past week or so whilst stopping on the odd occasion. My running is a bit aimless at the moment and I really need a goal, I enjoy running but have no desire to push myself. I’m currently trying to gradually build up my fitness/motivation before creating a training program after my exams are out the way.

It will be my last summer of ‘freedom’ before entering the ‘real world’; I’ve always fancied attempting a marathon and giving it a real go, so now’s my best/last chance I feel. I quite fancy the Loch Ness marathon. Anyone recommend it? I’ve read a few positive reviews online and in magazines in the past about the event as a whole. I’m a bit peeved at the GSR half-marathon date change; I might not even do it this year after really enjoying it the past two years.

Any advice from other runner’s on motivation would be appreciated. I’ll hopefully have a race to train for soon and have recently rejigged my iPod. I have no issue’s about getting out into the wind/rain/cold, it’s more the pushing myself whilst out there at the moment.

I also might be after a new watch, my Garmin 305 let in quite a bit of water this morning which was disappointing, hopefully once it dries it still works!

Edited by Kenzie

It will be my last summer of ‘freedom’ before entering the ‘real world’; I’ve always fancied attempting a marathon and giving it a real go, so now’s my best/last chance I feel. I quite fancy the Loch Ness marathon. Anyone recommend it? I’ve read a few positive reviews online and in magazines in the past about the event as a whole. I’m a bit peeved at the GSR half-marathon date change; I might not even do it this year after really enjoying it the past two years.

I am also targeting Loch Ness this year having never run a marathin before. The date at the end of spetember appeals as it gives all summer to train. Edinburgh and London look great but the January runs puts me off!

I am also targeting Loch Ness this year having never run a marathin before. The date at the end of spetember appeals as it gives all summer to train. Edinburgh and London look great but the January runs puts me off!

I'll likely enter next week. It’s more the spare time over the summer that makes the date suit for me. I quite enjoy running in any weather conditions. Today was about a constant incline for 5k with 20+mph winds and lashing rain coming straight at me, the way back was a bit easier mind!

I've done the 10k at Loch Ness (it's where I have my PB actually, it's virtually downhill all the way apart from the uphill start!) and I thought it was a brilliantly well organised event. I stayed to watch the marathon finish as someone from my club was running it and he said it was a brilliant race. The scenery is stunning, too, which is a bonus!

I did the loch ness marathon in 2011, my first and only marathon. Great event, well organised with a stunning setting. It is hillier than I was expecting at the start from the profile, this is because there is a 2 mile uphill section just after Dorres which dwarfs all the other ups and downs. The toughest part for me was seeing the finishing line on the other side of the river and knowing I still had more than a mile to go.

I probably wrote something on here after it if you can be bothered trawling back though this thread.

What other parkruns have you done Jack? How does your time today compare with your times at the other ones you've done?

I ran Eglinton parkrun today. It's a nice course but I don't think it's a fast one.

Been to Strathclyde, Edinburgh, Falkirk as well as Tollcross. It easily added 2 or 3 mins to my time but I haven't been out running for 4 weeks. My parkrun pb is at Strathclyde with Edinburgh not far behind it.

There is parkruns popping up all over the place now in Scotland think there was only 5 when I started going to them in 2011 and now there is 9. Would like to get round them all at some point.

I've done the 10k at Loch Ness (it's where I have my PB actually, it's virtually downhill all the way apart from the uphill start!) and I thought it was a brilliantly well organised event. I stayed to watch the marathon finish as someone from my club was running it and he said it was a brilliant race. The scenery is stunning, too, which is a bonus!

I never find myself able to take in scenery/surroundings when running, maybe I'm just blowing out my arse too much. When doing the GSR events it takes me all my time to remember to look up and down river from the Kingston bridge as I cross.

If I'm feeling good, I might check out some nice female ass in front of me, but mostly I find myself picking a spot on the ground a few yards in front of me and fixating on running over it (particularly on uphills).

I find I can either run at an easy pace and take in surroundings, or push at my limit and could be running in a tunnel for all I take in round about me.