P&b Running Club

I did two things:

(a) used the Couch to 10k app. Where I found that I struggled with a particular day, I repeated it until I could do it (I remember 4x10 min running, 2min walking being a tough one)

(b) signed up for a 10k race with a friend. This gave me a real incentive to keep up the training.

I now run c30k a week and lost a couple of stone in the 2 years since- and I'm a bit older than you. It is doable.

But above all, get fitted for a decent pair of trainers. If you f**k your knees you'll have to stop.

Confined to the treadmill again. Steady 12.08miles in 1:30:00 was achieved quite easily.

My HM programme has a 1:30:00 run in for this weekend. Hopefully wont be as fookin cold as last week. I'll be happy with 11miles.

Did 6.4km in 29 minutes last night, pretty pleased with myself as I still hate running and I could easily have went faster. Might try and run 10k on Friday on my day off just to see if I can.

Good going that.

My HM programme has a 1:30:00 run in for this weekend. Hopefully wont be as fookin cold as last week. I'll be happy with 11miles.

What half and what time are you aiming for. Im on the look out for a race.

4.40mi (7km) in 30 mins today. Was supposed to be a steady/recovery run but got bored in the first minute so cranked the pace up :)

Good going that.

What half and what time are you aiming for. Im on the look out for a race.

4.40mi (7km) in 30 mins today. Was supposed to be a steady/recovery run but got bored in the first minute so cranked the pace up :)

Edinburgh HM in May. Not sure about time. My first HM was the Glasgow last year, which I was aiming for sub-2 but fucked up my training and got huge blisters on the day so missed the target.

Edinburgh is an easier course and I'm miles ahead of where I was in my training last time, so 1:50:00 is probably an ambitious but achievable target.

Got the Glenlivet 10k in a few weeks. They've just published the numbers and I seem to be runner # 1. No pressure then.

How did you get on?

Missed this race again because of work. Ran 10km on the treadmill in 42:06. Nice and warm with no wind.

Had a terrible run at the Grangemouth 10k was running on empty for last couple of miles and the running into the wind didn't help.

Went along to the jogscotland roadshow at Airdrie last night and signed up for the next 10 week bloc starting 9th April. Hopefully it will be a bit warmer by then.

Volunteering at the parkrun this Saturday not too bothered about missing the run in this weather.

Did 14k in 1hr 6min the other day there. Really enjoyed it, and I'm recovering from running quicker.

I just wanted to complete a 10k / half marathon this year, but I now reckon I should be gunning for an aggressive time for a half marathon.

Intervals today which resulted in 5 miles in 32:51. Struggling with motivation the last few days so feel better for doing this. Intervals certainly make a run more interesting.

I'm finding intervals painful at the moment. Did hill intervals on Wednesday and 56 minutes of flat intervals on Friday, legs and stomach are fucking sore today.

Intervals today which resulted in 5 miles in 32:51. Struggling with motivation the last few days so feel better for doing this. Intervals certainly make a run more interesting.

I'm finding intervals painful at the moment. Did hill intervals on Wednesday and 56 minutes of flat intervals on Friday, legs and stomach are fucking sore today.

They are painful but worth the effort. I dont mind it once I get started. Just the thought of doing them puts me off. 8.37 miles in 60mins today. Just shy of 30 miles for the week.

1:30:00, 17.2k. Pace pretty consistent throughout. Along the canal from Linlithgow to Polmont, down past the station, and back in past Lathallan to Platform 2. Happy with that, the HM is feeling a lot more achievable than last year.

That's my neck of the woods DD. I ran back from Linlithgow to Polmont along the main road on Saturday but the timings etc were all out on my Nike+. Either that or I was shockingly slow.

Has anyone that uses Nike+ recalibrated it and if so, what was the best method. I could easily do so in the gym but it's not the same as propelling your body forward. I'm thinking the only way to accurately do so is hit Granegmouth Stadium and claibrate using the track.

Glasgow Half Marathon is my goal now that I have new running shoes. Looks to have been the answer to my injury but I knew that was the case anyway.

These bad boys are the best

post-313-0-45427700-1364817013_thumb.jpg

Just back in from 8 miles in 1hr 5 mins. I thought that was not bad but looking at some of the times you machines are posting it looks like i've got a bit to go yet haha

Just compare yourself to yourself, as long as your own times keep improving, you're doing well.

But yes, there are some pretty impressive runners posting here. There are also plodders like me!