P&b Running Club

Any bollock-chafing, since the topic's in vogue?

Or is that what caused the knee tenderness?

Not this time. Only occasionally do I suffer, and usually if it's raining and my gear is completely sodden.

Arse chafing is an entirely different matter though...

Ran the 13.1km Kilomathon this morning in 1 hour 2 mins. Really happy given I was targeting 1hr 5.

Was a baltic morning for running but at least it stayed dry for most of it, only heavy rain for the last couple of km.

Can't beat finishing inside Murrayfield!

Well done true_rover!

I've got the Grangemouth 10km next Sunday. Was at Strarhclyde park yesterday for the parkrun and today running a 10km which I enjoyed but the weather was horrible cold, wet and windy both times.

Ran the 13.1km Kilomathon this morning in 1 hour 2 mins. Really happy given I was targeting 1hr 5.

Was a baltic morning for running but at least it stayed dry for most of it, only heavy rain for the last couple of km.

Can't beat finishing inside Murrayfield!

It is brilliant, isn't it? Put on a wee "sprint" for the adoring fans once I entered the stadium, which I'm sure they appreciated :lol:

Agreed on the conditions; a few big puddles to dodge and in complete contrast to the sunshine and warmth of last year, but chuffed to finish over 5 minutes quicker.

Next run's the Berlin half-marathon in 3 weeks.

It is brilliant, isn't it? Put on a wee "sprint" for the adoring fans once I entered the stadium, which I'm sure they appreciated :lol:

Agreed on the conditions; a few big puddles to dodge and in complete contrast to the sunshine and warmth of last year, but chuffed to finish over 5 minutes quicker.

Next run's the Berlin half-marathon in 3 weeks.

Having seen my time, I went for the arms out wide in celebration as I crossed the line. It brought out a rapturous noise from the crowd/1 woop from the female marshal at the line*

(*delete as appropriate)

Managed to get out a couple of times in the last week, back running on the local hills. Managed one circuit which is around 4.5km with a climb of approx 100m. Managed it in 27:50 odds the first time, and about 90 seconds faster the second time. Will see if I can add a second lap on and stick with that a couple of times a week for the foreseeable future, and get back to the time I was managing before everything froze over in December.

Out before work this morning, around about 6am. Never been one for getting up early, never mind going running at that time. Was a bit of a struggle, and I've been starving all day despite having a bigger than usual breakfast and a few bits of fruit in the office. Feel magic apart from that mind you, more awake than usual for sure. Need to get used to it thanks to my shift patterns, will see how that pans out.

Is there a running group or just out yourself?

Nah, just on my own. I live in Linlithgow but work in Perth, and find that if I drive home first I just won't go out running - so I tend to go out after work up here. Need to go out again tonight for interval training. Not looking forward to it!

Good luck to anyone doing the Grangemouth 10k this morning - it's freezing and gey windy!

Starting to increase the miles for the Edinburgh HM, did 15k in 1:20:00 after getting in from the football last night. Pretty hilly route (certainly more than the HM will be) so quite pleased with that, as I felt I had plenty in reserve at the end.

6.5km in 35 minutes today. Not a bad pace when considering the route I take has a couple of horrendous hill climbs. Quite happy with how well I covered the relatively flat last 2 km, around 4 minutes per km which isn't too shabby. All the sprint work on the treadmill over the winter might have been worth it after all.

Not looking forward to the Grangemouth 10k today 18 mph winds and with the wind chill will feel like -4 :o

How did you get on?

Missed this race again because of work. Ran 10km on the treadmill in 42:06. Nice and warm with no wind.

How did you get on?

Missed this race again because of work. Ran 10km on the treadmill in 42:06. Nice and warm with no wind.

51.27 for me today, which is almost 6 minutes better than my previous best. Really pleased with it.

Sub 50.00 is definitely achievable this year. Which I'd be over the feckin moon about.

Seeking advice here. I'm 22, about 5'10 & just shy of 14 stone. My diet is just plain awful. I also never exercise, and when I say never I pretty much mean never. Last time I did something was probably 2nd week of January and it was a game of squash.

Anyway, went out a run this morning. A pitiful 7 and a bit minute run - which was straight for the most part. I'm wanting to lose two stone in total so changing my diet around and will be exercising more.

Just looking for advice on the best way to start exercising. What are your tips, should I be doing interval running? Just go out and time a run like I did today? Can't join a gym right now but have an exercise bike and rowing machine in the house.

How do you START getting serious about running? I guess that's what I'm trying to say.

Seeking advice here. I'm 22, about 5'10 & just shy of 14 stone. My diet is just plain awful. I also never exercise, and when I say never I pretty much mean never. Last time I did something was probably 2nd week of January and it was a game of squash.

Anyway, went out a run this morning. A pitiful 7 and a bit minute run - which was straight for the most part. I'm wanting to lose two stone in total so changing my diet around and will be exercising more.

Just looking for advice on the best way to start exercising. What are your tips, should I be doing interval running? Just go out and time a run like I did today? Can't join a gym right now but have an exercise bike and rowing machine in the house.

How do you START getting serious about running? I guess that's what I'm trying to say.

Couch to 5k is the best way to start running. Little baby steps go a long way.

Interval running was how I started, 5 minute jog, walk for a couple of minutes, 5 minute jog and so on, just building it up week by week. The first few months were torture, then without noticing it I was running for half an hour to an hour without taking a break or wanting to throw up. Might be an idea to sign yourself up for an event of some kind, just to force yourself to keep at it, that was probably what kept me into it initially. Now it's habit and I enjoy getting out 2 or 3 times a week, but it is hard work when you first start out.