P&b Running Club

Half marathon done today. Aching right now. volunteer tomorrow at Parkrun after that.

Well Done, that's great!

Just a comparatively small run (but a decent one for me just now) of 7.5km tonight. First 'proper' run since the turn of the year. And while I felt burst after it, it also felt good and I enjoyed getting back into it. :)

What half are you doing? 8.20 miles on the treadmill. Last night in 60 mins with random incline. Was tough.

Someone is trying to talk me into the Edinburgh Half, but it starts at 8AM, which is a total pain in the arse.

A huge pain in the arse. I'm doing it.

Did my first Parkrun today in Edinburgh. Absolute bedlam at the finish, too many people. Watch time says 23:48 which I'm quite pleased with, target was to beat 25 minutes. Didn't get the pacing right though, I still had a few km left in me so probably could have taken the last few hundred metres a lot faster. Fun though.

Jesus. thats averaging over 240m a minute. Mercy.

I've not been able to run properly since then. Did a couple of kms on Thursday, but legs were heavy. Hip and hamstring were a bit sore, so I've been resting up.

This week

Tuesday - 1 lap efforts with 4 mins rest

Wed - Gym

Thursday - 1km in pairs for 30mins.

Friday - rest

Saturday - ECCA Champs (12km X-C race)

Sunday - Will I be able to do anything?

Set the stopwatch for half an hour at lunchtime from work yesterday, ran out and turned round at the end of the time. Ended up running 7.2 miles in 58 and a half mins. Feeling like I should be in good shape for the 13.1km race in Edinburgh next month.