P&b Running Club

Cheers chaps.

By the way, are treadmills trustworthy indicators of speed and distance? Because my outdoor runs are normally about 7 miles an hour, (11.2 km/h) but setting the treadmill to that feels very fast indeed!

A 40 minute session will, according to the mill, be 6 point something units. Miles = yaass I am burning rubber, Kilometres = I am a sloth. Something's not right here!

Maybe it's just a duff odometer on the treadmill!

Cheers chaps.

By the way, are treadmills trustworthy indicators of speed and distance? Because my outdoor runs are normally about 7 miles an hour, (11.2 km/h) but setting the treadmill to that feels very fast indeed!

A 40 minute session will, according to the mill, be 6 point something units. Miles = yaass I am burning rubber, Kilometres = I am a sloth. Something's not right here!

Maybe it's just a duff odometer on the treadmill!

Perhaps it is out but it should be there or there about. Treadmills should generally be easier to run on at your normal pace as you don't have wind resistance and uneven surfaces to contend with. Also your trailing leg will get pulled back so you save effort there. To combat this I always put the treadmill on the first incline at the very least. Usually I set it to random hill though.

Treadmills are good for speed work in my opinion. Especially if you run solo.

I would think that Rouken Glen park would be an obvious candidate (and would take a large proportion of the normal attendees away).

That would be great (for me anyway - 2 seconds from my front door :P)

Also it's already got a decent 5k route that they use for the giffnock north race day every may

was supposed to be a new one starting in tollcross park but not sure what became of it

Watch this space. :)

the route is mapped out and we're currently sorting out the funding and city council permissions. Will probably be April or May before it starts.

Edited by Garrowhillclyde

I'm going to do a 5k at the start of March in Cramond in Edinburgh.

What is a decent time for a 5k?

Depends how long you've been running for. My average time when I was doing a lot of running was between 22-25 mins, depending on how hilly the course was and weather factors.

Watch this space. :)

the route is mapped out and we're currently sorting out the funding and city council permissions. Will probably be April or May before it starts.

What level? And no smart-arse 'at the top of the hill' type answer, please.

Just been for a run, beautiful for morning for it and managed a surprisingly good (for me) pace! Probably signing up for the women's 10k again this year so got to get motoring.....love running on days like this.

Plan on doing a 10k each month from March on. I think I'll go for the grangemouth one in late march for the first. Anyone on here done that one?

Yip 2 years ago. Flat course so PB friendly although the year I ran it it was quite windy.