P&b Running Club

Was at Strathclyde parkrun on Sat and completed it in 30.02. The Glasgow parkrun was off so it was much busier than usual and I actually ran 5.06 km as I started at the back. Would have finally got under 30 mins if it hadn't been for the extra 60 metres. Will hopefully finally get under 30 next week.

Completed the Stirling 10k in 67 mins. I think I would have been around the hour mark but I had said I would run round with my mate who was struggling and had to stop and walk a fair few times. I ran on myself after the 5k Mark and made up 20 places was 31 mins for the second 5k. Was my first 10k race so was just happy to finish it.

Alright guys. Went on a wee jog tonight for my first run in about 5 years. Although I do a fair bit of cycling I was cunted and I only did about 3 miles and it took me ages.

Do I still just keep hammering away and try to improve, what's the best plans?

Alright guys. Went on a wee jog tonight for my first run in about 5 years. Although I do a fair bit of cycling I was cunted and I only did about 3 miles and it took me ages.

Do I still just keep hammering away and try to improve, what's the best plans?

It depends on what you are aiming for.

Pick a distance you would like to aim for and then get a training plan on line.

Was at Strathclyde parkrun on Sat and completed it in 30.02. The Glasgow parkrun was off so it was much busier than usual and I actually ran 5.06 km as I started at the back. Would have finally got under 30 mins if it hadn't been for the extra 60 metres. Will hopefully finally get under 30 next week.

Completed the Stirling 10k in 67 mins. I think I would have been around the hour mark but I had said I would run round with my mate who was struggling and had to stop and walk a fair few times. I ran on myself after the 5k Mark and made up 20 places was 31 mins for the second 5k. Was my first 10k race so was just happy to finish it.

Well done Jack. You going this saturday? I missed last week due to a stinking cold but better now. Done 8k tonight and raring to go Saturday. Hopefully that lazy big shite Adam wont cop out.....

Not been out much since the last glasgow park-run. Really aiming to get under 20 minutes this time - was disappointed not to last week considering I was only 2 seconds off it the week before.

Will do a flat 5k in Rouken Glen at some point tomorrow and see how I do

Well done Jack. You going this saturday? I missed last week due to a stinking cold but better now. Done 8k tonight and raring to go Saturday. Hopefully that lazy big shite Adam wont cop out.....

Yeah I should be going tomorrow. I've had a heavy cold all this week so not been out running since the 10k. Doubt I'll be at my best but I'll give it a bash anyway. Think its to be pretty cold though!

Currently training for the Edinburgh 10k in a couple of weeks. Its going well enough and i'm feeling ok, however i've started to have some discomfort on the ball of my right foot. Is this a normal running thing? Nothing major and I can run through it but obviously not ideal.

(My footwear are proper running shoes and were measured in shop so shouldn't be that)

Have you done any running before training for the 10k? When I first started a year ago I used to get the odd ache and pain in my feet. Don't have any problem now though.

Might be worth getting some running socks. There only around a fiver for a couple of pairs and have extra padding to stop blisters etc. They have def helped my feet from becoming sore.

Done the parkrun again today, think I was a bit off my PB, probably around the 23.45 mark. Good to see so many Clyde fans there today, five by my count. We're slowly taking over the world...

Done the parkrun again today, think I was a bit off my PB, probably around the 23.45 mark. Good to see so many Clyde fans there today, five by my count. We're slowly taking over the world...

That was poor this morning. A very poor run. A mixture of thursday night's 8.5k, remnants of a cold and being a fat b*****d conspired for a poor time. :( No more booze for me for a week. Except tonight. tonight is fine.

I was at the strathclyde parkrun too this morning. misssed the start (I was the end of the car parks when everyone set off so ran 5.2k) - gutted as I am sure I would have been under the 19 minute mark had I started on time. still managed a 17th place finish despite having to zigzag past the most of the field.

Perfect day for it although I couldn't feel 3 of my toes most of the way round

I was at the strathclyde parkrun too this morning. misssed the start (I was the end of the car parks when everyone set off so ran 5.2k) - gutted as I am sure I would have been under the 19 minute mark had I started on time. still managed a 17th place finish despite having to zigzag past the most of the field.

Perfect day for it although I couldn't feel 3 of my toes most of the way round

So you gave me 200m of a head start and still beat me (I came 18th).

Absolutely delighted with my run. It was a new PB by about 50 secs and it's the first time I've gone sub 20 minutes.

I set off a bit quick. 6 minutes for the 1st mile, 6.26 for the 2nd and then barely made it to the end :lol:

I decided to take it reasonably easy today with next week in mind. Still ran my 2nd fastest parkrun to date. It's a shame as the weather was absolutely perfect, I know I'd have PB'd if I have really went for it.

Well done on the sub 20 Ziggy. How flat is the Strathclyde course? I need to get to one of the flatter ones to see if I can get anywhere near 20, because it's not happening anytime soon at Falkirk!

I decided to take it reasonably easy today with next week in mind. Still ran my 2nd fastest parkrun to date. It's a shame as the weather was absolutely perfect, I know I'd have PB'd if I have really went for it.

Well done on the sub 20 Ziggy. How flat is the Strathclyde course? I need to get to one of the flatter ones to see if I can get anywhere near 20, because it's not happening anytime soon at Falkirk!

Thanks.

The course at Strathclyde is just about bowling green flat.

It's fairly exposed so I think that it might be tougher on windy days. but conditions today were just about perfect.

That was poor this morning. A very poor run. A mixture of thursday night's 8.5k, remnants of a cold and being a fat b*****d conspired for a poor time. :( No more booze for me for a week. Except tonight. tonight is fine.

At least you weren't as poor as the Clyde team! You guys made the right decision in giving that a miss.

I was 31.32 today, had the cold all week and struggled to get round today. Was looking at my results and my PB at the start of June was 31.31 so quite pleased that a few months later I can run that with a cold and consider it a poor time.

Will be running Edinburgh Parkrun next week with a few folk from work. It's another really flat course so hopefully get a decent time there.

I'm thinking of signing up for the Bupa Edinburgh 10k its a bit pricey but would like to get another couple of 10k races in before the weather gets too bad.

Thanks.

The course at Strathclyde is just about bowling green flat.

It's fairly exposed so I think that it might be tougher on windy days. but conditions today were just about perfect.

When its windy it can be a fairly horrible course as you get a strong head wind coming off the loch especially just at the bit where you starting looping back.

Ran the local half marathon this morning. Did it in a time of 1:33.07. Slightly disappointed at not getting under the 1:30 mark but its my best time for a half marathon so can't be too unhappy. Felt pretty good for most of it but ran out of energy towards the end. What does everyone recommend eating before a race? Think having something more substantial than toast would've helped me today.