P&b Running Club

I've just heard that there is no Strathclyde Parkrun this weekend because of "The Party in the Park".

Fecking Boo!

Yeah I saw that on Facebook this morning. Oh well, I was down to volunteer anyway.

Falkirk park run 20:26 :( Don't think I will ever get a sub 20 minute on this course. The hill just ruins my race every time.

You got closer than me. I did 20:52 at Pollok. I'm blaming the hills as well. (I can't believe Falkirk can be worse than Pollok)

I noticed that I overtake quite a few people going up the hills only for them all to overtake me on the descent. I think I must be doing it wrong. :(

I'll be at Strathclyde in two weeks to see if I can get any closer to a sub 20 on a flat course.

Just started doing the Pollok park run - last week was my first. Came 17th with a time if 20:03 but felt I could have done better - wasn't sure how I would do so started near the back and didn't know the route at all, speeding up for what I thought was the end only to be greeted by a bloody hill. pleased with that though for a start

Done it again this morning and was quite disappointed - came 38th with 20:43 - really wanted to get under 20 seen as I was so close the last time. - was obvious that all the good runners who gave it a miss due to the big run last week were back laugh.gif

Think I did the opposite from last week in that I never put as much into it as I should have. Tried too hard to conserve the energy I wasted last week and it finished a lot sooner than I thought. Had enough in me to sprint full pelt for the last 200m and overtake a few people which was rather satisfying though tongue.gif

Falkirk park run 20:26 :( Don't think I will ever get a sub 20 minute on this course. The hill just ruins my race every time.

I hate that hilldry.gif

I've admitted defeat with it and run up it very slowly, trying to make up time everywhere else. At least you're a damn sight closer to 20 than I am, I've only just scraped under 21.

In banff canada this week for a conference and ran ths morning. Banff is at 4800ft and what a difference the elevation makes, my legs were burning like never before on the run although it didnt effect my breathing. My burning legs might not have been helped by the fact it was 1C at 7am (although at 2pm it was 26C :blink: )

I hate that hilldry.gif

I've admitted defeat with it and run up it very slowly, trying to make up time everywhere else. At least you're a damn sight closer to 20 than I am, I've only just scraped under 21.

I looked at my GPS running up the hill and my pace dropped to nearly 7 minute kms. I reckon it takes a minute off my time as it's not only the hill but the recovery after it.

Does anyone use GPS watches, and are they any good?

Yeah, I have a Garmin Forerunner 110. I think that's the most basic model but I love it.

The ability to upload all your runs to the Garmin Connect website and then being able to compare distance, pace, elevation, heart rate, etc is brilliant.

My only slight grumble is that it isn't that precise when running twisty routes under trees (i.e. Pollok Parkrun).

Yeah, I have a Garmin Forerunner 110. I think that's the most basic model but I love it.

The ability to upload all your runs to the Garmin Connect website and then being able to compare distance, pace, elevation, heart rate, etc is brilliant.

My only slight grumble is that it isn't that precise when running twisty routes under trees (i.e. Pollok Parkrun).

That was the one as I was looking at as it was the cheapest! I use the GPS in my phone but it's horrendously inaccurate and the armbands are all rubbish, and I don't listen to music while im running anymore so thought this might be a better option.

That was the one as I was looking at as it was the cheapest! I use the GPS in my phone but it's horrendously inaccurate and the armbands are all rubbish, and I don't listen to music while im running anymore so thought this might be a better option.

I really like mine and I'm glad that I bought it but I've read reviews where people complain about the fact that it doesn't tell you your pace for the overall run. Instead it only tells you your pace for the lap* you're on.

*A lap is just a set distance and I think you can set it from anything from half a km to a mile.

Edited by Ziggy

PB'd The Cumbernauld 10k today. Was about 47.20. My 3rd year doing it. First time was just over 50,last year was 54 so well chuffed with today's time

Good time mate well done. Sub 45min next?

A week till Stirling Stirling 10k. Looking forward to it. Going to try to maintain the 4:10 Min/KM pace and see how I am the last few KM's. Sub 41 minute is my target. Using Saturdays park run as a guide it will be a struggle to do this but who knows what can happen on the day.