P&b Running Club

Ziggy were you in your QP strip? If so you went passed me just before the entrance to Pollok Park.

I hate running through Pollok park!

Think that would've been me judging by our times and your start position (bash in 13290 on the marathon-photos site if you want to check, it features an action shot of a ginger guy giving me a left hook on the line, just what I wanted after running a half marathon <_< ).

I actually quite like Pollok Park (weirdo, I know), I have a few 'golden rules' for tackling hills and it seems to maintain my pace as if I'm on the flat. Quicker but smaller strides, straight back, pretend to be pulling on a rope with my arm motions and repeatedly counting to five.

Well done on smashing your PB also, such a great feeling. :D

Edited by Kenzie

Think that would've been me judging by our times and your start position (bash in 13290 on the marathon-photos site if you want to check, it features an action shot of a ginger guy giving me a left hook on the line, just what I wanted after running a half marathon <_< ).

I actually quite like Pollok Park (weirdo, I know), I have a few 'golden rules' for tackling hills and it seems to maintain my pace as if I'm on the flat. Quicker but smaller strides, straight back, pretend to be pulling on a rope with my arm motions and repeatedly counting to five.

laugh.gif

That's quality!

I think you did the same thing last year at the smae point (if you were in your QP strip last year as well)

QP strip wearer made the highlights package last night - think it was you Kenzie, though difficult to say as no-one was gubbing you at the time. Towards the end of the show, a quick shot of runners in Pollok Park.

:lol:

Yeah, that was my 2 seconds of fame, Sky+ recording failed so had to view it on iPlayer.

Where is the best place to get a decent pair of running shoes?

Gonna pack in the gym and go running 4 times a week.

If you're getting your first pair get through to Glasgow and go to Run4It or Achilles Heel and get properly measured and fitted.

I know that I just take a standard trainer so I can just go to a sports shop and buy a pair. My last five pairs have been Nike+ Air Pegasus.

Whats the deal with recovery runs, should I be running tonight or best leave it until tomorrow?

Normally give 3-4 days rest, but do stretching.

Good analogy of how to tackle hills. Shorter stride, higher knee, nice tall posture and looking over the top of the hill. Yours sounds more fun!