P&b Running Club

I did the Strathclyde Parkrun yesterday - first time there as I normally do the Glasgow one, and what a difference no hill make. Took it easy, as doing the GSR 10k this morning, and still had a PB. I really liked the pacers idea (which I don't think I have ever seen at Glasgow), and the distance markers on the course (which Glasgow definitely doesn't have).

I did the Strathclyde Parkrun yesterday - first time there as I normally do the Glasgow one, and what a difference no hill make. Took it easy, as doing the GSR 10k this morning, and still had a PB. I really liked the pacers idea (which I don't think I have ever seen at Glasgow), and the distance markers on the course (which Glasgow definitely doesn't have).

The Strathclyde one is really good, no hills apart from a small incline when you go through the trees at the top of the course.

I done it yesterday in 23.21, taking 32 seconds off my PB of 23.53 two weeks ago.

Around 48.30, which was under my target of sub-50. Bit gutted though, as it was going really well until about 6k, when my knee (which I have never had an issue with) began to really hurt. I was almost in tears at the end, but as soon as I stopped, so did the pain. Just a dull ache now.

Hope everyone achieved their goals! Smashed home in 1:25:54 according to my watch (delighted!), I'll await the results going up to confirm time (second year running I had a safety pin failure and had to pocket my number).

I did the half in 1:39:24. My pace started to drift a bit between miles 8 - 10 but my last 3 miles were my quickest.

Delighted with my time. My previous PB was 1:50:02.

I'm gonna spend the next couple of months trying to get a sub 20 parkrun. Current PB is 20.45. at Strathclyde (20.49 at Pollok).

Well done everyone.

Kenzie, your time is insane.

I did the 10km in 39 mins 58 secs, which I am fairly happy with as I am coming off an injury. Makes up a bit for the disappointment of missing out on the Half Marathon (which I was originally entered in) - was expecting around 1hr 30 mins in that!

Kenzie, your time is insane.

2 seconds less insane according to official times! <_<:P Well done on your PB, think I might try a parkrun sometime, never done one before.

Sad to hear about a man dying, I did see a man down in a maroon jersey, but he seemed to be injured and not in any serious danger.

2 seconds less insane according to official times! <_<:P Well done on your PB, think I might try a parkrun sometime, never done one before.

Sad to hear about a man dying, I did see a man down in a maroon jersey, but he seemed to be injured and not in any serious danger.

He collapsed about 1pm so you would have been well past him, just in the road parallel to the Green on the other side of the Clyde. We passed a few on the way, none of whom looked great.

sorry - don't have enough greenies to give to those who did well today, which appears to be just about everyone.

I did the Half in 1:58:08, which I'm happy with for my first and possibly last HM. My left achilles is screaming at me right now. How do I know it's possibly my last? I said to myself during mile 7 "if you'd been in the 10k, you'd be finished by now". I was 4046th apparently, quite chuffed with that for a Cat45 dude.

I loved some of today, was neither up nor down about a chunk of it, and downright hated some other bits.

Hated - Miles 4 & 5, that big long straight road before turning into Bellahouston, straight into the wind. The start of mile 8, the long drag uphill at the start of Pollok Park.

Loved - the fact that I managed to pace the first couple of miles this year, so was able to actually enjoy the spectacle of running across Kingston Bridge, rather than trying to keep my lungs down like I did in last year's 10k. And, who'd've thought so many Scottish lassies had such nice arses? One outstanding display after another for the duration..

All the rest I was neither up or down about all the rest, the longer I was through the distance, the more I can't remember much about anything except keeping the rhythm going and pushing for under 2 hours.

I had a good laugh with a guy (typing this knowing it's probably a "had to be there moment") just a Charing Cross - I'd been way out left, trying to pass the throng a bit, when the cones suddenly stopped being cones, and became cones with tape tied along the top. Had to hurdle to get back into the pack, which solicited a "well done big man" from the guy behind me.

Lastly a question for anyone more experienced than myself - I noticed there was a magnetic reader at 10k and 15k (maybe at 5k too and I missed it) - do those splits get made available to everyone, or is it just your finish time?

I had a good laugh with a guy (typing this knowing it's probably a "had to be there moment") just a Charing Cross - I'd been way out left, trying to pass the throng a bit, when the cones suddenly stopped being cones, and became cones with tape tied along the top. Had to hurdle to get back into the pack, which solicited a "well done big man" from the guy behind me.

Lastly a question for anyone more experienced than myself - I noticed there was a magnetic reader at 10k and 15k (maybe at 5k too and I missed it) - do those splits get made available to everyone, or is it just your finish time?

Had to do a bit of hurdling myself.

http://www.chipresults.co.uk/Default.aspx?event=2012GSRHalfMarathon

Click the 'download results as pdf' for your splits. Well done.

Edit - Just downloaded it and it doesn't have the splits up. :wacko: Possibly be up later as that's how it says you get them.

Edit - It's 'download results as csv'.

Edited by Kenzie