P&b Running Club

No, I do Strathy myself regularly but I was considering doing that earlier this year. What is it 9 on a Sat morn or something?

It's half nine each Saturday and starts at the car park next to the water centre which I think is car park two.

You just have to sign up on the Parkrun website and you get a barcode to print off to bring along and they scan that at the end of the run to give you your time.

Edited by Jack Burton

It's half nine each Saturday and starts at the car park next to the water centre which I think is car park two.

You just have to sign up on the Parkrun website and you get a barcode to print off to bring along and they scan that at the end of the run to give you your time.

Cool, cheers. I'll head along next Saturday. When I said I do it regularly, I ran from the palace grounds round the loch and back on Wednesday for my first run since the Edinburgh marathon.

Next Sat will only be the 3rd time I volunteered so its not too bad and I've just been a Marshall which doesn't involve much. You do get 100 points for volunteering which is equivalent to finishing first not that I've got any chances of winning the points table with my times.

You can sign up to receive your time by text as well as a normally don't get a great signal to check my emails when at the Clyde games.

It's well seeing the Olympic effect is in full force as that was my best time but worst finishing position. There was 200 runners there this morning.

Yeah I've noticed the increase in folk coming too. A few weeks back I ran it in 28.15 and I was 90th or somewhere around that mark. I ran it in 26.15 last week and was 133rd. I think I was around the 90th mark today, although I can't really remember, I nearly passed out when the boy gave me the tab!

EDIT: Just checked, I was 65th today.

Edited by Adam

Well that wasn't too horrible. 10.04km in 56:36, not bad for a route that has 184m of ascent. Had to take it slow for the first km as I was running along a road with no lights. Absolutely gubbed now but feeling great.

Well that wasn't too horrible. 10.04km in 56:36, not bad for a route that has 184m of ascent. Had to take it slow for the first km as I was running along a road with no lights. Absolutely gubbed now but feeling great.

the penny has dropped for me now about ascent/descent on my tracker. I used to read it as vertical equivalent, and used to think "naw, no way I climbed that high, though now I realise it's how many metres laterally (or pavement-wise) you are ascending or descending for.

Duh. ph34r.gif

the penny has dropped for me now about ascent/descent on my tracker. I used to read it as vertical equivalent, and used to think "naw, no way I climbed that high, though now I realise it's how many metres laterally (or pavement-wise) you are ascending or descending for.

Duh. ph34r.gif

Hmm, I've always thought it was vertical equivalent. It would tie in with my estimate considering I stay pretty high above sea level, run down low, then run up again.

Dilemma. Trainers are now letting in water, but there's only 2 weeks until the weej HM and will prob struggle to break in a new pair. Do I just hope for the unlikely event of it not raining in Glasgow?

No,get another pair,you're going to need to buy them anyway,you might be lucky with a new pair that don't need much breaking in anyway.The weather in Glasgow will probably be fine anyway :rolleyes: .It's not raining in Spain is it.

No,get another pair,you're going to need to buy them anyway,you might be lucky with a new pair that don't need much breaking in anyway.The weather in Glasgow will probably be fine anyway :rolleyes: .It's not raining in Spain is it.

Got back on Friday.

Hmm, I've always thought it was vertical equivalent. It would tie in with my estimate considering I stay pretty high above sea level, run down low, then run up again.

well confused now then. My run tonight says "Elevation - 977 feet up, 959 feet down". So that means my house is 18 feet higher than when I left it? And it also says "Altitude 208 ft/404 ft"

Fecking Endomondo, I've enough to concentrate on while running, without trying to figure that out.

Went for my first ever run on Friday night with a certain Mr Shakehands Tom from this site. Managed around 5k, although it wasn't all running and wasn't flat out. Not really at the stage for timings etc yet, but I want to keep going and seeing what I can manage over the next wee while. The Olympics were to inspire a generation - not quite sure they had fat arses like me in mind!

Been running for ages on and off but nothing serious, started again last year to get the fitness up and my running normally goes mental for the first little while so I took a break from it and now started again in the last week done 6 miles in just over and hour 15 I think which is slow considering I used to run 8 miles in an hour easily. So went out on a shorter fat burner the other day trying to take it slow and ended up doing a 1k in 4.30 on my Nike app so bit pleased with that. I've found I'm running and burning myself out too quickly so I've purchased some supplements to give me a bit more boost to stop me getting fed up and walking part of the last mile! Anyone in the Kirkcaldy area go running around the parks or streets?????ph34r.gif

well confused now then. My run tonight says "Elevation - 977 feet up, 959 feet down". So that means my house is 18 feet higher than when I left it? And it also says "Altitude 208 ft/404 ft"

Fecking Endomondo, I've enough to concentrate on while running, without trying to figure that out.

just looked again at my run for last night - towards the end I did a loop round near my house, as I had a wee bit left in the tank and it adds an extra mile. One corner I can easily identify from the map had me at 307 ft 1st time, and 335 ft the 2nd time. Hope Endomondo's timing and distance is more accurate.

just looked again at my run for last night - towards the end I did a loop round near my house, as I had a wee bit left in the tank and it adds an extra mile. One corner I can easily identify from the map had me at 307 ft 1st time, and 335 ft the 2nd time. Hope Endomondo's timing and distance is more accurate.

It's never going to be completely accurate for distance/elevation. At the Glasgow half last year, Endomondo had me covering a reasonable amount more than 21.1km.

Edit: It was over by nearly 400m

Edited by FernandosMonobrow

Only 6 weeks till the loch ness marathon, my first, and training is getting serious now! Did my longest ever run today of 18 hilly miles in 2 hrs 36. Pretty chuffed with that, although my legs were starting to hurt for the last few miles. Done over 200 miles since the first week of june, so gonna get new trainers soon as my current ones are starting to flatten off a bit. Want to avoid unnecessary injuries if possible.

Part of me just wants this over with now. The time involved to train is pretty prohibitive.

Done the Forfar 10k yesterday,it was roasting,managed to sneak a sub 41 at 40.58.During the race after about 2.5 k me and another runner had a gap of 10-15 yards in front and behind us to other runners,he stayed right on my heels to the point he actually clipped me,to be fair he did apologise but he still kept running right on my heels,even though we were on our own and had loads of room,it made for uncomfortable running,i breathed a sigh of relief when i got away from him at 6 km,never had anyone running so close to me before for no reason,rant over.happy with the time though in that heat.