P&b Running Club

Right it's fucking freezing and I'm not going to be able to brave shorts for much longer and I hate running in trackies.
Has anyone got experience of these legging type trousers with shorts on top or is it just a step too far.
Yeah. It's fine as long as you warm up before you do your run. Normally for me it's leggings, shorts, skin tight top, football top and a hoodie with gloves and a hat when it gets really cold. Which it already is.

When it gets this cold I run with the under armour style leggings with shorts over them and a thermal top with my usual running shirt on top. Can't state enough how valuable a good pair of gloves are, personally I can cope with most things when running except for when your hands are completely numb to the bone!

Yup, gloves are great.
Running in this weather I'd probably rank them as more important than leggings or long sleeves, your body will warm up when running but you'll never feel comfortable with cold hands imo! I got a decent pair of all weather cycling gloves on the reckoning that cycle gloves will be built to a higher spec than the usual knitted black efforts that you see other runners wearing.

What do folk think of treadmills? due to working weird shifts and it being fucking freezing and dark I used the gym at work to run. It felt too easy and I was bored I think I'll just brave the Baltic temperatures and darkness to be honest it did nothing for me. 

I did the Krakow parkrun a couple of years ago, and got a few odd looks (more so than usual anyway) due to my garb. It was the depths of winter but I was there in the same gear I wear in the summer. Of course, I was fecking freezing, but it was either that or wear hat, gloves etc and be utterly boiling about 1km in. It's easier to warm up than to cool down! 

14 hours ago, pub car king said:

What do folk think of treadmills? due to working weird shifts and it being fucking freezing and dark I used the gym at work to run. It felt too easy and I was bored I think I'll just brave the Baltic temperatures and darkness to be honest it did nothing for me. 

They have there place and are useful when the weather is crap, if it feels too easy just crank up the speed or the incline.The biggest problem I have with them is it gets far too hot and end up sweating buckets followed by the boredom factor with nothing to look at but watching the miles passing by (very slowly), They are ok now and then but just depends what you want out of them some people only use them and never run outside.

Guest bernardblack

This will sound daft....but I struggle to run on treadmills without looking at my feet the entire time! No idea why, but the second I look ahead I’m all over the place!

16 hours ago, BigBo10 said:

Just shorts, long sleeved top, reflective jacket and a woolly hat. Can’t stand any kind of trousers on when exercising. Gloves are not for me either. But detest cold ears (mine kind of hard to miss) so the hat is a must.

Even in summer I need gloves when cycling but can't stand running in them. Get a bit sweaty wearing a hat so I'm now very attached to bandanas. Keep the ears warm and stop the sweat running into the eyes.

15 hours ago, pub car king said:

Pinched my daughter's head torch earlier and can't believe how bright it is. Even on the lower setting it's like daylight. Fairly cheap from Decathlon. 

8 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

This will sound daft....but I struggle to run on treadmills without looking at my feet the entire time! No idea why, but the second I look ahead I’m all over the place!

Don't drink and treadmill then;)...….yeah sounds like a strange one almost like you're not totally relaxed running on them perhaps.

Well Friday came and went but was far too busy so went out today.  A couple of times I don't even know if I was still moving I'd slowed down that much, but I did the full 20 without stopping once, my legs are absolutely fucked but I was buzzing when it was done.

Well Friday came and went but was far too busy so went out today.  A couple of times I don't even know if I was still moving I'd slowed down that much, but I did the full 20 without stopping once, my legs are absolutely fucked but I was buzzing when it was done.
Well done. Don't worry about how slow you think you're going, you're always going faster than you think you are. I always made the mistake of thinking I had to run faster than I felt I was going so would burn out really quick. Tried to get in the mindset of just making sure I was always moving forward regardless of how slow I was going untill I could get my breath back then pick the pace up again.

Started running again the other week after about a year of nothing.

Using the treadmill at work last night, with the Champions league goal show on the big telly in front of me, I managed 10 miles in 1hr 15. Not too bad for my fourth or fifth run.

Going to Canada/America in 2 weeks, so going to try and go a run or two in the mornings over there, providing I don’t kick the arse out of the drink.