P&b Running Club

That's absolutely ridiculous considering I was breathing out my arse keeping up the pace to be around the 20 minutes mark.

On the other hand, there's a million and one other world records we can't match, such as Toxteth O'Grady's "World's Stickiest Bogey" record.

The first 5k I've actually timed and I managed to do it in 20 minutes. Is that a decent base to build off?

ETA: Proper time was 20:52.

It is a fantastic base. I was running 23 mins for 5k when I started 5 years ago.

How undulating is undulating, Bishy - on a scale of 1 (Strathy) to 10 (Tollcross) ? :)

Was going to try it this weekend but got press-ganged into Pollok.

About a 6 or a 7 I would say. Slightly more undulating than Pollok.

The worst part is a longish climb at the start of each of the three laps. Longer than the main climb at Tollcross and probably slightly tougher. Apart from that it is fairly short ups and downs.

Edited by BishyTON

Usual 9km route on Saturday morning. Went out at around 10:30am and it was already 23/24c, and was a couple of degrees warmer by the time I finished. Managed to make it round in 49 minutes but towards the end and for a good few minutes after I got in, I felt as though I was ready for passing out. Almost literally melting, the amount of sweating I was doing.

Happy that I managed the extra distance in that heat but think I might have to start going out before work again in order to avoid frying myself. 5am starts coming up :(

Got a new pair of running shoes which seemed to stop my shin splints for a bit, however when I went a road run on Sunday then Monday they started to flare up again massively. I was at football last night and it was the worst it has been in a while, despite me running on grass which is a softer surface.

Can anyone recommend any tape/insoles that will help reduce the pain?

Taken the plunge and signed up for the Edinburgh marathon next year. Never ran a marathon before but so no idea what to expect other than pain.

I've ran a half marathon distance a couple of times though so hopefully I'll be ok with a bit of training. :shutup

Got a new pair of running shoes which seemed to stop my shin splints for a bit, however when I went a road run on Sunday then Monday they started to flare up again massively. I was at football last night and it was the worst it has been in a while, despite me running on grass which is a softer surface.

Can anyone recommend any tape/insoles that will help reduce the pain?

I use Superfeet Green insoles. In three years not one injury caused by running. Change the insoles every year and my running trainers every 500 miles or so. Also important that your trainers are correct for your running style. If you overpronate you'll have all sorts of issues unless you use support trainers.

Been out twice this week and really struggled on each occasion. Managed about 6km each time in just under 30 minutes. Will slow down my pace a bit again, as trying to go at what I would say is average for me while out in hot weather has left me feeling horrendous.

Pollok Parkrun for me yesterday. Finished in 4th place in 18 mins 2 secs. New course pb by 17 secs, so quite pleased with that. Was on course for sub 18, but went out a bit too hard and had little left in the tank at the finish.

After the race went to pick up my 100 run T-shirt and found that I got the jacket too! Must have been one of the last ones as they are not normally giving them out anymore.

9km route done in 47:29 this morning. Pretty cool after a bit of a thunderstorm last night and it definitely helped. Need to bother my arse and add a bit more distance.

5k in 36.28 this afternoon. 10k is 9 weeks tomorrow. Doable.

Yeah easily doable. Try increasing your distance by a km every week or so and you will be absolutely fine.

5kms in 18 mins?! I HATE YOU :P *

* Well done ;)

Cheers mate lol. It is all a matter of perspective though - I feel exactly the same about the sub 16 mins guys/gals. At the end of the day it is about trying your best and enjoying it!